Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mix. Happened at the jail too. lol

They all carry Glocks by the way...

WACO, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas police officer holding keys and a gun accidentally fired into a jail floor and the shrapnel hit another officer.
Waco police Sgt. Patrick Swanton says neither officer was hurt early Friday at the McLennan County jail.
Investigators will review the accident involving a Waco officer and an officer from nearby Robinson.
Officers entering the jail must secure their weapons in lockers. Swanton says the Waco officer booked a suspect and was retrieving his gun while leaving.
The officer was holding his vehicle keys while placing his gun back in a holster. The keys apparently caught the trigger, causing the discharge.
Swanton says the round struck the concrete floor. Bullet pieces hit the second officer. Both were checked by jail nurses.
Names of the officers weren't immediately released.

Waco officer's gun accidentally discharges while at jail

Reactions: Sekol and kschilk

·
22,303 Posts
When I was new to shooting, Glocks hadn't been around for long. There was a lot of discussion about whether they really were safe or not.

Now, I completely agree that they are utterly mechanically safe. No doubt about it.

But when you add human beings to the mix, I'm not so sure. The fact that we now have added "Glock leg" to the lexicon pretty much tells me everything I need to know. It's possible that Glock accidents get more attention than they should, but I doubt it.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
He should know better!

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Waco ADA was looking at a fellow ADA's new gun and worked the slide before removing the mag and shot a window out in downtown and hit the building across the street, no charges.... They looked at intent...

Wonder if he'll be charged with simple assault and reckless endangerment?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
A Waco ADA was looking at a fellow ADA's new gun and worked the slide before removing the mag and shot a window out in downtown and hit the building across the street, no charges.... They looked at intent...
Just a sarcastic stab at the treatment of the gentleman that dropped his pistol in the grocery store...

·
Super Moderator
40,507 Posts

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
24,609 Posts
I know I shouldn't laugh but I did.

·
Registered
18,810 Posts
Oh great....:sad:....heeere we go! Now I suppose the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Concrete Products) is gonna' get involved and get things stirred up. Next thing ya' know...:blink:...slabs and sidewalks will be rising up everywhere, turning over wheelbarrows and setting shovel handles on fire!

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Oh great....:sad:....heeere we go! Now I suppose the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Concrete Products) is gonna' get involved and get things stirred up. Next thing ya' know...:blink:...slabs and sidewalks will be rising up everywhere, turning over wheelbarrows and setting shovel handles on fire!
Look dude, my wife had surgery today and the nurses aren't happy with me spitting coke all over the floor while pointing at my tablet.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I like my manual safety. It is good. Grip safety will be on my next pistol.

I do hate the decocker. The hammer slamming down makes me cringe just a little...

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I laughed so hard my nose is running and my side hurts. This thing needs a warning label.

Reactions: Texheim and kschilk

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Just can't figure it out.......

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
When I was new to shooting, Glocks hadn't been around for long. There was a lot of discussion about whether they really were safe or not.

Now, I completely agree that they are utterly mechanically safe. No doubt about it.

But when you add human beings to the mix, I'm not so sure. The fact that we now have added "Glock leg" to the lexicon pretty much tells me everything I need to know. It's possible that Glock accidents get more attention than they should, but I doubt it.
Yeah, well, I can carry a 1911 cocked and unlocked and be just as safe......but I don't. :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts