Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so a while back I tossed the Vortex SPARC mini red dot on my AR. They claimed something like 200 hours of battery run time. I can confirm that it does NOT run that long. I took it out for it's about... 4th or 5th time and it shut off quickly after shooting. Fortunately, I had another battery. Pop it in, and we were good to go.

200 hours on night vision maybe. not with something that you can see with bare eyes. Just sharing the experience. Also, for the price, I wasn't epecting 200 hour run time.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Good to know, I haven't had an opportunity to run mine that much.

I just joined a range, and found some good ammo deals on line, so I'll be making a couple ammo purchases.

Also have planned my hog hunt for early March in the Ozarks of Mizzou, so I'll get to run the AR there, although haven't decided if I'll run the SPARC or my new Vortex Crossfire 4-12x40 scope, depends on avg shot distance according to the guide.

Sorry to ramble. But my SPARC has been good so far, I always keep a spare battery in the MOE grip taped to the sidewall so it doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
fair enough

I'll buy an Aimpoint sometime down the road, but that'll be going on a new rifle too. But like I said that's down the road, like 5 years down the road!

I'd still suggest it as a mid-priced optic.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I would send it back to Vortex. Advertised battery life I believe is 5,000 hours, not 200.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems to be the trend more than the exception Green. But from one tiny flat batter, I really wasn't expecting Huge battery life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts