Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a lever action in .357 for some time now, after searching for either new or used, I stumbled on a new Henry Big Boy...30 mins later it followed me home (Santa was 4 days late!) now just waiting on the weather to coperate a bit, just a bit damp out.

It is a tad bit heavy 8.7 pounds so recoil should be like shooting a 22.

Down side is...I only have about 500 rounds of .357. up side is there all loaded and ready to go!

I've heard nothing but good about the Henry's anyone have expirence with them?

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Your so lucky!!! I've always wanted a Henry, but will probably never have one!! No funds!! and no funds means no fun!! I can't explain it, after I held one, one time at a store I just "wanted" one. You got one fine Christmas gift there...enjoy! Oh and Happy New Year!!! (hope I put enough "ones" in this:)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Don't have one but my shooting buddy does. It's in 45 colt. What a hoot!!! Just like shooting a 22!! i think it holds about 15 in the mag. Not sure. I just kept crankin that lever!! LOL

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
I have a Henry 22. Super accurate out of the box, well made, delight to shoot. Not a big caliber, but if all their weapons are made like that...go for it.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I also have the Henry Golden Boy in .22. I can only speak for my rimfire, but it is a real shooter!
I hope you enjoy your Henry as much as I enjoy mine!!

Reactions: rodfair

·
5,686 Posts
Oh! You have gone and done it now! You've given me another opportunity to post my beloved Henry. Here is mine, I LOVE it!!! Super smooth action, deadly accurate and super FUN to shoot! Congrats on your new Henry! Now you have to get all the leather dress for it. Butt covers, loop cover....etc.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats kenf729!

That's a might nice looking rifle; one that any long-gunner would be proud to own.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh! You have gone and done it now! You've given me another opportunity to post my beloved Henry. Here is mine, I LOVE it!!! Super smooth action, deadly accurate and super FUN to shoot! Congrats on your new Henry! Now you have to get all the leather dress for it. Butt covers, loop cover....etc.

ohhh, Miss Kitty that leather looks sweet....as I recall you stiched that leather up right?

and thanks to all for the grats and good insights, cant wait to get out and shoot a bit...

Ken

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Congrats on the gun. It sure is purty...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts