Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
There was a time when the only water mankind had to drink came straight from the nearest lake, pond, river, or stream, and people were mostly immune to whatever microscopic critters lived in it. Certainly after the first bout of the squirts after drinking from a given source. Today we're cautioned not to drink from that crystal clear stream rolling down the mountain because somewhere upstream many critters have relieved themselves in that stream without a thought for sanitation. Before I wander off too far from my point, the same kinds of animals were polluting the same streams when mountain men and Indians were drinking from them and suffering no ill effects.

We have become pampered and weak. :(
Cholera and dysentery have killed more people than bullets and bombs.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
There are far more microorganisms in and on a "person" than there are "human cells." Along with a few pounds of bacteria — trillions of microbes — an even larger number of viruses live in and on the human body.
My kids told me this- they learned it in school...it blew me away. Funny that they still don't listen to me when I tell them to wash their hands, though. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts