Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He also tried to purchase 5000 rounds of ammo, he was charged with one count of possessing an assault firearm without having U.S. citizenship. On broadcast news, they said that he took the gun from the student gun locker, he had also been researching bullet proof vests, and had purchased a old police vehicle that still had markings and a police push bumper on it. Police say they were watching him for weeks.

Virginia Tech student arrested for allegedly an assault rifle Video - ABC News

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
An Assault Rifle???? He is not allowed to own an Assault Rifle because he is not a US citizen??? Heck, I'm a US citizen and I'm not allowed to own an Assault Rifle...
The MSM has their heads so far up their rectums they need glass navels to see where they're going. Pisses me off, I want to leave comments to their crap, but do not want to create an account.

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
On terminology, it just goes to show, that if you refer to something long enough, everyone else will too. The ARs being commonly called assault rifles, illegal aliens commonly called immigrants, and on and on it goes.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
An Assault Rifle???? He is not allowed to own an Assault Rifle because he is not a US citizen??? Heck, I'm a US citizen and I'm not allowed to own an Assault Rifle...
The MSM has their heads so far up their rectums they need glass navels to see where they're going. Pisses me off, I want to leave comments to their crap, but do not want to create an account.
I'm with you. He had an "assault" rifle and a large ammo clip? Also, who sold the old police car and why wasn't the markings/push bumper not taken off it? I also loved how MSM looped in old footage of the VT shooting! All I'm waiting for now is a stupid politician proposing a bill to limit college students from buying used police cars, ammo and "bullet proof" vests in a certain time period! ;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Dear lord....

Police arrested a Virginia Tech freshman who they say tried to buy 5,000 rounds of ammunition and illegally possessed multiple rifles he was converting into assault weapons, officials announced on Tuesday......They also went through his car, searching for a rifle magazine that held more than 20 rounds, which would make the weapon into an assault rifle.
?????

who the hell makes these sorts of wild definitions?? I put a "Corvette" sun-shade sticker in the windshield of my LeCar when I was 16...did I inadvertently convert it into a sports car? The more you know.....:eek:

Virginia Tech Student Arrested After He Attempted to Buy 5,000 Rounds of Ammunition and Convert Weapon Into Assault Rifle, Police Say

·
Registered
24,852 Posts
I suppose I'm in trouble now as I usually have assault and pepper on my breakfast eggs.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Under Federal Law non-citizens can own firearms in many cases.

Virginia Law/Definition summary:

Proof of age (18+ for long arms, 21+ for pistols) and proof of citizenship (or permanent residence license) are required for the purchase of "assault weapons". "Assault weapons" are defined as a semi-automatic, centerfire, firearm equipped with a folding stock, or equipped at the time with a magazine capable of holding more than 20 rounds, or capable of accommodating a silencer/suppressor.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Funny from what I read the requirements say "To Purchase" does not say anything about "possessing". Guess if one would read through all the legal mumbo jumbo it might be in there somewhere.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you think this one is bad, you should see the cnn video of it.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/us/virginia-tech-student-arrest/index.html
has a minute 40 second video up top that has zero to do with the news report, but talks about the rifles
The "news" has been doing this for years already. They get a story that has some hot button topic, and the story itself can be summed up in 50 words, but they go on a 5 minute tangent talking about stories related to the hot topic. Nobody can fill a half hour or an hour with legitimate news that is new information.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It used to be school shootings were done by hand. The news pushing "assault rifles" seems to bring more of them to use. For ex. The 2007 Virginia Tech shooting used a Glock 9mm and a Walther 22lr. The 1991 University of Iowa shooter used a Taurus 38.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Under Federal Law non-citizens can own firearms in many cases.

Virginia Law/Definition summary:
I guess he must be here on a student visa then...gee, it would have been nice if the story had contained a little more fact and not as much scary black rifle propaganda...(just dreaming a little dream)

·
Super Moderator
37,235 Posts
Poor kid probably just wanted a taste of freedom after growing up where he did. If he had asked, I'd have taken him to the range.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Poor kid probably just wanted a taste of freedom after growing up where he did. If he had asked, I'd have taken him to the range.
Could be. Or he could've been planning something. The "article" had too much proganda and too little real info to know either way.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
He also owns a Crown Vic. Either a wannabe cop or a killer in the making. So how many guys here own a Crown Vic and an AR? LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts