Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought NIB 24/7 Pro Compact Stainless 9mm which seems to have a firing pin issue- light primer strikes, many rounds no primer strike at all. Only eight of the first 50 rounds actually fired. I need to ship this one to Taurus in Miami, but was curious about shipping from VA to FLA. Does anyone know if this must be done thru an FFL or can I ship myself in VA? I read the rules on both UPS and FedEx sites, but some things are still hazy....

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
my 9mm 24/7 had the same problem.the place i got it from told me to bring the case and he will swap it out for a new one.have you tried that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably should. Thing is, the wife bought it at a show from a dealer who is 200+ miles away from us. Tried their phone many times yesterday, nothing but a full voicemail box. I'll keep trying them, but from past experiences with this kind of deal (computer shows, gun shows, etc.) I don't hold out much hope. Called the factory, explained the problem, they said sure, ship it and they'll fix it... Of course before the first range trip I broke it down and removed all excess grease, etc (there wasn't much, mostly what looked like light penetrating oil) . Broke it down again afterwards, found a couple of small burrs which were causing the slide to sometimes stick about 1/8" short of the fully closed position. Gonna take it out and try it again before sending just to make sure. I don't hold much hope for that though, as during the first range session only 8 out of 50 rounds fired, and the ones that didn't had light primer strikes or no primer strikes at all, and when the gun did fire the slide did in fact close fully. I will say that when it did fire it was extremely smooth! Anyway, we'll see. I'll report the results of the next range session, though the weather looks pretty rough for the next few days and there is no indoor range convenient to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Just got back from the range. Only one round out of 20 actually fired this time. After 20 I put it away and will send it to Taurus tomorrow. Still with the light/no primer strikes. <sigh>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts