Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just visited Taurus web site,they still have the "new for 2006" thing .There is however a couple videos on there I haven't seen.One is about the .410/.45 colt revolver .The other is about the 2006 shot show.I could of sworn I saw a rifle with a revolver cylinder at the Taurus booth.It goes by fast .http://www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-videos.cfm

·
Registered
15 Posts
You did see a rifle with a revolver cylinder. I saw an interview that Michael Bane did with Robert Morrison of Taurus. He had it there. I'm not sure if it ever made it to production. It looked pretty slick.

·
32,785 Posts
Just make sure the arms and hands are no where near the cylinder, front or back, of the revolving rifle when firing. It's a safety issue. Hot gases and debris shooting out the side can cause injury Nice looking gun though. Probably a gas to shoot. During the Civil War Colt's Revolving Rifles and Carbines were issued to many Northern units. Didn't hold up well in combat and rifles were replacing the Colts when it could be done. Quite a few soldiers liked the "firepower" when compared to muskets and other single shots. Smoke from the multiple shots from black powder must have been astounding with all the consequences theroff of. ;D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news,Taurus web site has been updated for 2007!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice Vids.........I wish there were more demo videos available. A video is worth at least a thousand words.
The judge was pretty impressive, so was the 24\7 Pro. 10000 rounds without a misfire.
Even with all the Taurus bashing going on......it could be Taurus may someday be the top dog. They do seem to like more cutting edge features, where as Ruger, S & W and Colt seem to like to just go with what they have been doing for years.
Not to say there is anything wrong with staying with something that works.
Taurus seems to be a little more out there with there designs.
Trying to give people what they want as opposed to telling people this is what we have take it or leave it.
They obvously have state of the art manufacturing techniques.
What they need to always remember is accuracy and reliability is essential.
A gun that is not reliable is worthless........and people who buy guns want nothing less.
If Taurus wants to sell guns in America they have to work 99.9999999 percent of the time or people will refuse to buy the product at any price.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Is this the rifle you are talking about?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wonder of they will ever put it into production?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts