Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is an advertisement for a screen protector product called clearplex, but take a look at the octocopter drone sporting what looks like a Taurus Public Defender. If this is genuine, it's way cool!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't think cool is the word I would use.... Scary is more like it. Anyone remember that show "Dark Angel," starring Jessica Alba? There were drones used to patrol the streets in that show, but they weren't armed...until one day they were. The drones were used to anonamously kill cons, and later, law abiding citizens. Scary.

Reactions: coypu76

·
Super Moderator
40,705 Posts
I'm thinking I could easily take down drones like that with a fishing rod. Simple cast over top and let the line go in free spool. Don't think it would take more then a few yards to jam up those propellers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Scary if it's chasing me, cool if I'm driving, fun to watch.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
AL Qaeda (sp) is taking notes. The technology is out there, and not just in the hands of the government anymore. Murder by remote control anyone?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
pretty sure i remember hearing that arming a r/c vehicle is illegal, if it isnt once frakienfien sees it, she will make is so im sure.

But after watching the video, im going to have to go with it being fake, beyond the recoil likely flipping that thing over, no smoke or fire issued forth from the barrel when it was "fired" as a owner of that particular firearm, i can tell you, both of those things do happen, and its noticeable, from feet away, the camera that showed the hammer fall, was way to close to have missed that. my guess is, they flew it unloaded.

I can also say, they looked much father away then the PD could hit a target that small with bird shot, you have to be very close for that thing to hit or the shot spreads to much. at 25 feet it covered a full size paper torso target. i cant even get mine to hit cans past 15 feet with #4 shot, or if you do, its all luck.

·
Registered
889 Posts
This would be the ultimate Quadrotor! I know it is probably not real, but the concept is not too far out there. It could be done and probably has been tried by a few...

·
Registered
913 Posts
So they tag the "protected" phone with a single bird shot pellet that bounced off the log. The "unprotected" one caught a larger pellet square in the face. And I doubt any of those shots came from the drone.

Other than that I loved it. And I want one.

·
Super Moderator
20,091 Posts
I bet Bob Munden could have put more than a dent in the screen from 25 feet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts