Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have seen the carbine but didn't know they made a pistol. If I thought an AR or AK pistol looked clunky, this takes the cake. It looks like it would make a good SBR, but as a pistol it's just a crazy low recoil Glock block.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Seems to me that it was priced somewhere in the $1700 range. Wow, it makes me think about all of the Taurus firearms I could buy for that kind of money....

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOOKS LIKE AROUND $1700 ONLINE. :eek:

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Who ever designed that thing, John Browning he ain't. It's interesting, but way to clunky for my tastes. Don't like it. Don't like the Rhino revolvers either. Guess I'm just too old and set in my ways. Firearms technology is pretty mature, and I'll stick with the tried and true designs. Anyway, here's a pic of an ugly pistol - just for grins. :D

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The SBR carbine version took first place in The Military Channel's Ultimate Weapons CQB category...The design certainly looks odd, but there is a reason behind it. The mass of the bolt actually moves downward as it cycles almost totally eliminating recoil. Kriss has slow motion video of two consecutive rounds going through the same hole in full auto.
The 16" carbine will be my next weapon...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have been a big fan of the Kriss line ever since I designed a very similar energy redirection system based around my Glock 21 back in 1994.

I wanted an SMG with Thompson performance but with modern tech and ultra control-ability, and I was very impressed with the G-21, the only drawback was the magazine design for ultra-high capacity. Never meant to be a concealed carry weapon.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes, a little strange, but it will do the job. HK has a Navy gun like that, it shoots under water, and is made to hold up in salt water, looks like HK is trying to get the contract away from Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Who ever designed that thing, John Browning he ain't. It's interesting, but way to clunky for my tastes. Don't like it. Don't like the Rhino revolvers either. Guess I'm just too old and set in my ways. Firearms technology is pretty mature, and I'll stick with the tried and true designs. Anyway, here's a pic of an ugly pistol - just for grins. :D

Oh, come on now dbeardslee, that revolver is elligent..... errr ellogant.....errrrr well its PURDY bwhahahaha. The thing in your picture is bad enough but how would you explain owning that thing the the OP posted a link to? I can just hear the missus, "No, that ain't no .45 auto... come on now, I know what a .45 auto looks like; you must have been comporting with those space aliens again!"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
dbeardslee, your post has me looking around for a 6" target Rhino now. :p That thing is too cool for school.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
...and today I succumbed to the bug and ordered a .357 Rhino 60DS from the LGS. Will post pics and what-not when it shows up on Friday. I think Chiappa owes you a commission check. :)

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
...and today I succumbed to the bug and ordered a .357 Rhino 60DS from the LGS. Will post pics and what-not when it shows up on Friday. I think Chiappa owes you a commission check. :)
Wouldn't buy a Chiappa 22 either. Nothing really wrong with them - I just don't like the fire control mechanism. A GSG, on the other hand... Course when it comes to .22's what I'd really like is one of those 85% scale Browning 1911-22's. But it doesn't matter what I like - get what you like 'cause you're the only one who has to be happy with it. And if you are, then it was a good buy. Enjoy it. I wouldn't buy one, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't shoot one if the opportunity presented itself. ;):D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Wouldn't buy a Chiappa either. Nothing really wrong with them - I just don't like the fire control mechanism. A GSG, on the other hand... Course when it comes to .22's what I'd really like is one of those 85% scale Browning 1911-22's. But it doesn't matter what I like - get what you like 'cause you're the only one who has to be happy with it. And if you are, then it was a good buy. Enjoy it. I wouldn't buy one, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't shoot one if the opportunity presented itself. ;):D
My take on the weirdness of the Rhino is that all of the iconic firearms throughout history were 'weird' at one point - can you imagine the reaction of SAA guys when confronted with the first DA revolver or the revolver guys looking at the Colt 1903? If it's a dud, so be it, but I like what Chiappa is doing here with the 6 o'clock cylinder/barrel relationship. I admit that it doesn't hurt that the Rhino looks like something out of Blade Runner though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts