Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Very good price on a Rough Rider

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  daveindenver 
#1 ·
Cdnn has a sale this weekend with the Rough Rider 22LR, 6-inch barrel for $109.00!

Don

#4 ·
I think you were thinking of a membership fee at Sportsman's Warehouse. Cdnn does not have any membership fees that I know of. I have purchased often from them and I'm not a member of anything there.

Don

Reactions: Yissnakk
#5 · (Edited)
Is there a worthwhile difference in the two barrel lengths (6' or 4.75) in plink accuracy, to look for a bargain for one over the other? Not a revolver guy, but at loading and shooting and reloading one at a time, with .22 prices a person could spend all day at the range for under $5!!

Never mind...I just bought the US Flag 4.75 version. Figured I would get one before they were gone, and the shorter one would be better on the wrists of this old man at the range. Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Ammunition

#6 ·
Is there a worthwhile difference in the two barrel lengths (6' or 4.75) in plink accuracy, to look for a bargain for one over the other? Not a revolver guy, but at loading and shooting and reloading one at a time, with .22 prices a person could spend all day at the range for under $5!!
The longer the sight range (back to front sights) the easier it is to be accurate. Same principal as from a handgun to a rifle. (Yes, powder burn and longer rifeling make a difference but sight alignment is a bigger accuracy factor.)

Time spent on reloading a revolver turned out to less of deal than I thought it would be. I quickly got the knack and found it a smaller than expected difference than dealing with mags (often multiple mags.)

2-cents.

#8 ·

Never mind...I just bought the US Flag 4.75 version. Figured I would get one before they were gone, and the shorter one would be better on the wrists of this old man at the range. View attachment 437271
Way good looking! Like the 4"!
Post video when you've got the draw, twirls, swings and re-holster down! (Skip the part about the cans.)

#9 · (Edited)
I just noticed something....the one I ordered says BLACK finish and there is one that says BLUED. I looked online at the two definitions and the definition is pretty vague. Seems like the black is still a blued finish in a way and not like a black that comes out of a spray can. Any one have both or know the real difference?

Also...is it really worth getting the mag cylinder? I am not going to use it for critter hunting, so the little extra ummph using the mags at almost 9mm cost just a waste?

Reactions: daveindenver
#10 ·
In order for it to truly be blued, the frame, it has to be a steel version. Price will give a clue. :D The zamac ones are powder coated with black paint. It doesn't hold up that well.

#11 ·
Oh, and no, Mark, you probably wouldn't mess with the mag cylinder. I have the mag cylinder and it shoots a little closer to point of aim, but that's an individual gun thing. I do like it for dispatching trapped ***** a little more humanely. But, I shoot LR in it when plinking.

Reactions: mark7mod0
#16 ·
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Airsoft gun
Received the Heritage today. Slightly different grips than the display ad showed, but I like them. Got a coupon for free shipping on the mag cylinder if I want it. Only $30 but spent my allowance for the month says the wife:D

#17 ·
View attachment 437415 Received the Heritage today. Slightly different grips than the display ad showed, but I like them. Got a coupon for free shipping on the mag cylinder if I want it. Only $30 but spent my allowance for the month says the wife:D
Ask her nicely for an advance! That's what I do.:D

#19 ·
I have the 4.75" in LR and a mag cylinder. I like the shorter barrel only because I think it looks more like a six shooter. And because it fits in my holster nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.