Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For a change yesturdays gun show was a good one. Place was packed. They added a room just for antique guns and accessories. Lot of people buying. For some reason lot of people from N.J. buying ammo. Must be because their laws have changed? Purchased my primers and loaded some test rounds. Prices for powders and primers are better than online. Some pictures : IMG_3089.JPG . IMG_3086.JPG .

Attachments

·
23,071 Posts
The fact that a Stuart tank survived is amazing. They were inadequate pretty much from the beginning.

I don't think I've ever been to a show with military vehicles, much less three!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Stuarts were made for recon, not for engaging other armored vehicles. So a lot of them survived if they got in, reported, and run like hell when spotted.

Later the M24 Chaffee filled that role and had a real gun that could do some damage.

Maloy

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
The fact that a Stuart tank survived is amazing. They were inadequate pretty much from the beginning.

I don't think I've ever been to a show with military vehicles, much less three!
What is the Third vehicle? I only see two.

·
23,071 Posts
Upon closer inspection, it's probably two different views of the same halftrack.

And you have a point maloy.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know NJ laws but I'm thinking maybe some of their fine citizens are tip toeing around some of the restrictions and laws their communist controllers have imposed on them.
Son told me in N.J. one needs to get a background check to buy ammo. Maybe someone from N.J. can confirm.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I don't know NJ laws but I'm thinking maybe some of their fine citizens are tip toeing around some of the restrictions and laws their communist controllers have imposed on them.
Lol....I would too.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
"Very good gun gun show!!!"

Haven't been able to say that in My neck of the woods for at least 10 years.
Gun shows around here are a lot of arts and crafts tables totally unrelated to firearms, overpriced junk guns, overpriced new guns and ammo and any deal You could beat anywhere else in Town.
I don't even know how they get People to come.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ah, the Stuart. Always liked that little tank!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Nice pictures! Never been to one that displayed them before.

·
Premium Member
13,452 Posts
Nice photos, which gun show was this?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Here in Texas most LGS can beat any deal at a Gun Show and heaven help You if You try to trade or sell a Gun to a Vendor, they will usually try to cheat You out of what You have for a paltry sum or won't let You trade towards the Gun You really want.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I quit going to local gun shows when they started charging to get in.

·
Premium Member
13,452 Posts
I used to go to the Valley Forge Gun shows, but they oversold and the tables were so close you couldn't walk down the aisles to look at anything. About the only ones I go to anymore are the gun shows at the Farm Complex in Harrisburg.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Here in Texas most LGS can beat any deal at a Gun Show and heaven help You if You try to trade or sell a Gun to a Vendor, they will usually try to cheat You out of what You have for a paltry sum or won't let You trade towards the Gun You really want.
Gun shows have the advantage of options. Usually any modern gun i want to look at can be handled at the gun show, where many times a shop has to order it in. I want to get my hands on them before I shell out cash. Also, at least in South Florida I have had no issue quietly asking a dealer to match a better online price. Some say they can't and some jump right on it. I found the key is to do it quietly off to the side not to interfere with their other sales at asking price.

I quit going to local gun shows when they started charging to get in.
I was okay with paying $8 at the gun show and the kids were free. Now the price is $12 and the kids are not free. I'm not paying $36 to go to the gun show. Have not been in over a year now. It was worth the $8 to get my hands on new guns, and to also get primers and powders with no hazmat fee or shipping charges. I used to contact one vendor ahead of the show and he would have what I wanted set a side for me and ready to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts