Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Months ago the Slide stop/release on my blued pt1911 broke while firing. Taurus said they would send a replacement part right out. Partially true to what they said, 2 weeks later a slide stop came in.... to a Millenium Series pistol. I called back, they apologized and promised the new part.

6 weeks, 2 more phone calls and no part. its on "back order" I see no shortage of pt1911s in the stores.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love my PT-145 but I have had terrible experiences with Taurus just ordering everyday parts. It's been three weeks since the service rep said they would send my "slide cap" out in the mail right away. It took me 5 weeks to get the first one which was wrong.

As I said, I love my PT-145 however, I'll not be buying another Taurus product until they start to take their customer service seriously. For the life of me I cannot figure out how a large modern day company like Taurus, which manufactures a product inwhich there is a ton of competition in the marketplace, refuses to make a major committement to customer service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As an update i finally got my little plastic slide cap from Taurus, 7 WEEKS after saying they would send it. I think my previous post says it all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry to hear your having problems....I usually have good luck with treir customer support, but they have a slow turn around if you have to send one in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
More likely, from the experience others have had around here, you would send the gun in, get it back about 3 months later and find it still has the same problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gordy,
Is this a fact or just supposition?
Try being a customer service rep for a while, I was and it's not for every body.
It seems that everybody is mad when they call them and they want it fixed over the phone while they wait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in Johannesburg South Africa and the only way that I can communicate with Taurus about my .38 Special is via Fax.
I say communicate; but in reality this is a one way conversation with myself as they just do not respond.
I have given them my e-mail address to make it easier for them to answer my queries.......but nothing......total silence from the USA.
Would I recommend any of my friends to purchase a Taurus ?
As a piece of 'hardware' ? Yes......
As regards 'customer care' ? Not in a million years.... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts