Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sent my recoil spring assembly in for replacement after in sprung out the slide while at the range. A month later they sent me the replacement. The paper said it was for a pt 145, but it stuck out the slide about a 1/8th inch or better. I called them, and 3 weeks later another replacement came. The same issue again. after contacting them again the rep assured me he would hand pic the part himself. This time another three weeks later another replacement arrived at the doorstep. This time they sent one for a pt-111/132. It doesn't even come close to fitting (slides throuxgh the slide). It has been nearly 3 months now since my 145 has been operable. Don't get me wrong I love my Taurus handguns, but I think I'm ready to just cut my losses with this one. The problem with the assemblies they sent was the rear part of the assembly was much thicker than the original, and is was sticking out of the slide. I wish I would have taken a photo of the ones they sent, but they said to send them back, and it slipped my mind. I don't know wht I should do.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hi Mike,

Sorry to learn of your dilemma.

If they don't come through this time, I'd insist on sending the handgun back to them. Maybe THEN they will get it right.

Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well I just got off the phone with them again. They are sending a return shipping label to me. They said they have to fit one for it. So it's off to Miami. They said to just toss the assembly that came today in the trash. But if anyone needs one for a 111, 132 let me know and it's yours.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Wow, that sucks big time. Hopefully this time around things will come out right. I wonder if everyone is grabbing from the bins in the wrong way. Like the label is on the bottom of the shelf, but looks like it goes to the bin below it instead of the bin above it. I know it's a stretch, but who knows. Things happen like that every day all over the world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts