Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent them 2000 brass in June. They said no problems. Well they had no problem cashing my check but they still haven't sent my ammo. It's one exscuse after the other. Do not deal with this Company!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Well, I'd try a couple of things. First I'd call and keep going up the food chain until someone gives me a direct answer or they offer to refund your money and brass. Having the date that they ran your check might help to have their.

If that doesn't work (and I suspect it won't), pay a law firm to write a letter to the company saying something about trying to resolve this matter. It should appear that you've hired the lawyers to begin proceeding against the company but in actuality all you've done is to hire then for the latter, which will probably be done by a legal assistant. I got this idea from a prepaid legal services flyer I got one time.

Or you could drive over then and politely ask to talk to the general manager/president/owner etc. Remember if you chose this route BE POLITE. And I'd recommend not having anything remotely resembling a weapon on you in case they call LE. Be a good time to have a lock box in the vehicle for your carry gun.

Another option might be to contact your Attorney General or County Attorney (not sure who here) and ask them to begin fraud proceeding against them. You might never get your stuff/money back but they wouldn't be in a position to steal from anyone else.

Steelheart

·
32,614 Posts
State or Federal consumer agencies can be complained to. Then there's the Better Business Bureau. Any of these can arbitrate or get you to an arbitrator. Mostly get you to one. Saves on legal an other problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Over on the highroad website, there are hundreds of complaints against Nat'l Bullet Co. General consensus: stay away from them.

However, two people have recently reported a minor victory after months of phone calls, emails, etc.

Apparantly both had ordered the plated bullets. One THR member asked for a swap to lead cast bullets and the order was switched for the same dollar value of lead bullets. Another THR member did some sort of swap for brass and bullets, or something to that effect.

All I'm saying is you might be able to work something out if you keep the options open. He apparantly is not terribly responsive to threats, so don't bother getting nasty yourself. The lawyer letter idea is OK...but count the cost of a letter vs. what you've already sent. If you haven't hired the lawyer, what if Natl Bullet still doesn't send you anything? Then you're out ammo PLUS letter writing fees.

Best bet is spread the word...help others know stay away.

On the flip side of the coin, Missouri Bullet Company (www.missouribullet.com) has good bullets, good prices, and outstanding service. Give Brad a shout; he'll take care of you.

Preacher Man

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called last week and they claim they got some bullets in and were starting to work on the orders. I filed a complaint with the B.B.B. Today I am trying to call again to check statis on the order. After I here from the B.B.B. I will turn it over to my Lawyer (we have talked allready).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dave said:
I sent them 2000 brass in June. They said no problems. Well they had no problem cashing my check but they still haven't sent my ammo. It's one exscuse after the other. Do not deal with this Company!
Rule number one: pay with credit card. You have more protections when dealing with unscrupulous stores (I learned this the hard way)

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is what makes me wonder about the practice of sending ammo out for reloads. This is something new to me, but if you got it back, could you really trust a place like this to your hand, eyes or your life? Sorry not I.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I too had a bad experience w/ NBC. Got bullets from them that were not loadable due to poor quality. They said send them back and they'd even cover the return shipping. I tried for 4 months to get my refund, was constantly told the check was in the mail (even got a check number once), it never did happen. Had they sent my money back I would try them agian but they are liars and scoundrels and will never see any of my business agian. I hope no one here does business with them either.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After calling East Lake Police and filing a complaint, N.B. sent my brass back and the Police LT. said my money is coming all so. STAY AWAY FROM National Bullet Co. of East Lake Ohio!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I would think so, what would the rounds be like?

·
Registered
354 Posts
texas shooter said:
This is what makes me wonder about the practice of sending ammo out for reloads. This is something new to me, but if you got it back, could you really trust a place like this to your hand, eyes or your life? Sorry not I.
A big +1 here for that comment.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They used to be very good. A gun shop I worked at turned me on to them. They gave me good service and the 357 ammo I got from them shot great out of all my 357s. I was shocked this last time on how bad there service had become. I herd they lost The City of Cleveland Range Ammo Acount, maybe that started there downfall. When I complained to East Lake Police, they said I was not the first. I now deal with www.mastercast.net good ammo, good people, and good service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
An update on National Bullet.... it appears that they went out of business (I wonder why) in June of 2008.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
mastercast seems reasonable priced

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Mastercast? What is their current wait time to get ammo? What about the quality of their loads?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like National Bullet has morphed into Lucky Gunner, or Lucky Gunner has obtained their old web address.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts