Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the stuff just purchased thread, but thought I'd put it here also for folks on a budget looking for holster options. Not stake in this company and never tried their product before but the discount code is pretty good. They has less expensive OWB holsters also than the 35.00 list price on this one, not sure if the discount code takes off a better chunk on those.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Now they have a sale on that holster when you buy it at regular price you get a regular $54.99 gun belt for free ! I have no connection to this company other than being a customer ! Buy One, Get One Free

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my holster yesterday. a) really fast delivery b) I'm surprised at the thickness and weight of the leather. It is shipped flat and then conforms to the dimensions of the gun. Now if I could just remember what gun that I bought it for....

·
Registered
63 Posts
They look interesting, but is it true that you have to remove the holster to reholster the gun? If so, could someone explain why it can't be reholstered more easily. Or is removal not necessary? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look interesting, but is it true that you have to remove the holster to reholster the gun? If so, could someone explain why it can't be reholstered more easily. Or is removal not necessary? Thanks.
Not sure as I've not worn it to break it in. Maybe someone who has can speak to this. Once molded to the gun's shape, it might retain the opening on top?

For practice and/or IDPA it could be an issue. If I ever am (God forbid) involved in a SD situation, my gun is lying on the ground with my hands clearly in view when LE arrives.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
14,871 Posts
Yesterday I took the family to a nice Italian Restaurant for my wife's birthday. I wore khaki shorts and a button up silk shirt untucked.

I was able to conceal my SAR B6c in my OWB Versacarry holster, the one with the mag holder in front, as well as a dual mag pouch on the opposite side.

It balanced out very well and was extremely comfortable. I may never carry IWB again!

Oh, my wife asked why I thought I NEEDED so much ammo as I had 13+1 in the gun and 3 x 13 in magazines for a grand total of 53 rounds, I just laughed and said I know, but it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.

I then told her that I was ready for the Zombie apocalypse now.

She just rolled her eyes. (She carries an LCP with only the mag in the gun and a round chambered for a mere 7 rounds.)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
The zero bulk holsters yes its true. There is actually a plastic piece that goes in the muzzle on those. I don't think they're very safe. However, the leather belt slide holsters don't have that and they're very well made and hold my guns secure.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just ordered on of these holsters for my PT111 G2 this afternoon. Thx for the heads up.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Personally i find these holsters that my Gun Shop/Range give away for free to be very versatile and easy to use as in the pocket, Appendix carry, or IWB.
I also use one as a spare mag carrier if you notice--PS Didn't have an extra mag that day!
P1010009 (3).JPG
P1010010 (3).JPG
P1010012 (2).JPG
P1010013 (2).JPG

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear that you have a bandolier for those things in the last photo.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Did you get a good kickback on your next gun/ammo purchase for all that free advertising olfarhors ?

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Got my holster yesterday. a) really fast delivery b) I'm surprised at the thickness and weight of the leather. It is shipped flat and then conforms to the dimensions of the gun. Now if I could just remember what gun that I bought it for....
Ordered my holster with the free belt on Sunday. Received it today. The holster looks to be very good quality. The belt is outstanding! Very thick and the size is even correct!

The free belt with a holster is an outstanding deal. Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Has anyone got this holster broken in yet? I have had my G3c in mine a couple of days and it is still to tight. I have twisted it per the instructions several times but is really hard get the gun in and out. May just be the thick leather taking time to stretch.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Has anyone got this holster broken in yet? I have had my G3c in mine a couple of days and it is still to tight. I have twisted it per the instructions several times but is really hard get the gun in and out. May just be the thick leather taking time to stretch.
Having the same problem with my G2. It's still tight enough to move the slide backwards when I holster it. Only been breaking it in for a day but it does seem pretty tight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts