Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just want to verify what gen I have here. From what I've read and researched, it's a PT 140 Pro gen 3. Some verification would help me tremendously. Thank you very much. N

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 479467
View attachment 479468
I just want to verify what gen I have here. From what I've read and researched, it's a PT 140 Pro gen 3. Some verification would help me tremendously. Thank you very much. N

3rd. Generation> Textured grip with raised stippling on front and backstrap. "MILLENNIUM" on left side of frame, model number plus "Pro" on right side of frame I.e.: PT111PRO, PT140PRO, PT145PRO.
Has "memory pads" on both sides of frame. (small oval detents on the frame to place tip of trigger finger keeping outside of triggerguard.) Trigger is SA/DA, NOT DAO or DA/SA. Distinction is that the striker stays cocked and the first and subsequent rounds are fired with a short (after initial takeup) light and very crisp trigger pull. Should the slide then not cycle, the striker reverts to double action mode allowing a second (or more) strike on the primer. (Clears most FTF's in case of hard to ignite primers). Once the slide cycles again it's back to SA mode. Can be carried "cocked and locked" with the downward sweeping manual safety. Also has an internal trigger safety.
This generation has it all. Very good trigger comparable to many 1911's, safe carry capability, striker fired with re-strike built in. Also 3rd. generation guns come with Heine "straight 8" sights. So far seems reliable. Very few issues with the safety, slide release and takedown lever/pins. Which seem to be the same as the preceeding generation. In these cases, +P ammo is the culprit frequently with the takedown lever (which is a lever/pin) that's pin part locks into a slot below the chamber and is what the barrel pivots on. DO NOT use +P ammo in ANY generation Millennium as it has potential to break this pin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

3rd. Generation> Textured grip with raised stippling on front and backstrap. "MILLENNIUM" on left side of frame, model number plus "Pro" on right side of frame I.e.: PT111PRO, PT140PRO, PT145PRO.
Has "memory pads" on both sides of frame. (small oval detents on the frame to place tip of trigger finger keeping outside of triggerguard.) Trigger is SA/DA, NOT DAO or DA/SA. Distinction is that the striker stays cocked and the first and subsequent rounds are fired with a short (after initial takeup) light and very crisp trigger pull. Should the slide then not cycle, the striker reverts to double action mode allowing a second (or more) strike on the primer. (Clears most FTF's in case of hard to ignite primers). Once the slide cycles again it's back to SA mode. Can be carried "cocked and locked" with the downward sweeping manual safety. Also has an internal trigger safety.
This generation has it all. Very good trigger comparable to many 1911's, safe carry capability, striker fired with re-strike built in. Also 3rd. generation guns come with Heine "straight 8" sights. So far seems reliable. Very few issues with the safety, slide release and takedown lever/pins. Which seem to be the same as the preceeding generation. In these cases, +P ammo is the culprit frequently with the takedown lever (which is a lever/pin) that's pin part locks into a slot below the chamber and is what the barrel pivots on. DO NOT use +P ammo in ANY generation Millennium as it has potential to break this pin.
So what your saying is it is a 3rd gen?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I concur. As far as my limited knowledge tells me, it is 3rd generation. In case you didn't know, these were covered by the settlement a few years back.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I have always been confused about the Millennium series. I thought the 1st gen "Pro" model was actually the 3rd gen millennium model?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Settlement?!. What settlement? First I've heard of it.
Uh oh.

Here are the details: Home

There have been quite a few discussions on this board over the years. Many people on this board (including you and I) still have guns covered under the settlement. Many people on this board (including me) have no plans to trade them out.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I have always been confused about the Millennium series. I thought the 1st gen "Pro" model was actually the 3rd gen millennium model?
I think there were several generations of the base Millennium, as well as several generations of the Millennium Pro models, and then the Millennium Pro G2 series. I don't think I've ever seen if the G3 is referred to as a Millennium Pro. They really do no favor to the community by mixing and matching the terms gen, generation, and "G".

[Edit:]
After further reading, it appears the generation indicators carry over from Millennium to Millennium Pro. It sounds like there may be 4 generations of some guns and at least 3 of others. It seems much of the discussion of generations is nothing more than observable changes that seem to spill over in some generations. It is, as you indicated, confusing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uh oh.

Here are the details: Home

There have been quite a few discussions on this board over the years. Many people on this board (including you and I) still have guns covered under the settlement. Many people on this board (including me) have no plans to trade them out.
I don't want $200 for a pistol I paid more for. I'll take the warranty. Can I still.do this? Or is it complete final?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I don't want $200 for a pistol I paid more for. I'll take the warranty. Can I still.do this? Or is it complete final?
The cash option expired some time ago. It is my understanding you can still trade it out for a new gun. It seems most who traded in anything (9mm, .40, .45, .32, .380) got back a G2 in 9mm. I have read stories on this board about some who actually convinced them to exchange a PT140Pro for a PT140ProG2. Who knows if that kind of convincing is still possible. Regardless, there seem to have been very long wait times to get the exchange.

Contact Taurus customer service and see what kind of an exchange you can get--assuming you don't want to keep it. Also, it is my understanding that the PT140Pro and PT140ProG2 magazines are interchangeable (except the base plate) so I would hold on to those. Again, that is just my understanding as I have neither.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
I just want to verify what gen I have here. From what I've read and researched, it's a PT 140 Pro gen 3.
Correct, you have a third Generation Millennium Pro PT140. I consider the third Generation Pistols to be the best.
I have a third Generation PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm and I'm keeping it, as it's my favorite Summer Carry.

Reactions: dakotanut
1 - 12 of 12 Posts