Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my job I do a lot of driving which causes random thoughts to pop into my head. Some just beg questioning further.

The other week I had read this article by a guy who went Vegan for a month and the struggle to avoid meat, any kind of animal products or anything made with animal products. In it he stated that even honey was not Vegan because bees make it.

The thought that occurred to me today was how do they fertilize their food? The natural way is to use manure. Isn't that using an animal's product? :eek:

I know there are probably very few (if any) Vegan's on this forum, just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

ps. No I am not in anyway considering a change in lifestyle. :D

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
In my job I do a lot of driving which causes random thoughts to pop into my head. Some just beg questioning further.

The other week I had read this article by a guy who went Vegan for a month and the struggle to avoid meat, any kind of animal products or anything made with animal products. In it he stated that even honey was not Vegan because bees make it.

The thought that occurred to me today was how do they fertilize their food? The natural way is to use manure. Isn't that using an animal's product? :eek:

I know there are probably very few (if any) Vegan's on this forum, just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

ps. No I am not in anyway considering a change in lifestyle. :D
Maybe vegans make there own fertilizer since they don't eat meat! :rolleyes:

Reactions: btleslie

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not aware of honey being taboo for vegans.
You can google it, but basically they believe you are taking the food from the bees and are harassing them to get the honey.

I guess by removing the manure from the pastures they're denying the dung beetles and flies in said pasture their food. :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
:zzz::zzz::zzz:

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
Normal people, to vegans: Our food, poops on your food. :D
I have a new T shirt with that on it. :D

I also had one that said "Vegetarian......old Indian word for "bad hunter". :D

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
Well, most store bought fertilizer that has any potash in it has bat guano, or so I understand. Or is it the phosphate?

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
I thought I'd go vegan, but learned they don't eay bacon! Nuts, the bunch of them, nuts!

Neither do Jews. See, that's how we get peace in the middle east, sit both sides down to a plate of crispy bacon. :D

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I just got done with a 26 day cleanse. Totally vegan. Lost 16 pounds. It's not that hard - but of course, I don't eat much meat to begin with. I could never go vegan for good, however. Too much love for cheese and ice cream. I could never go vegetarian for good, either. Too much love for juicy burgers. And brats. And sometimes bacon.

But, yes, the vegans do not take the honey because it is stealing their food and harassing them in the process. Whatever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They don't eat eggs or dairy either. My wife is a vegetarian and has occasional vegan meals as well. I personally would never convert to it. But she has a major in exercise science and is a nutrition whiz. When you learn all about the crap that is in meats and dairy it'll make ya think twice about it. Just not enough for me to give it up still lol

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
I just got done with a 26 day cleanse. Totally vegan. Lost 16 pounds. It's not that hard - but of course, I don't eat much meat to begin with. I could never go vegan for good, however. Too much love for cheese and ice cream. I could never go vegetarian for good, either. Too much love for juicy burgers. And brats. And sometimes bacon.

But, yes, the vegans do not take the honey because it is stealing their food and harassing them in the process. Whatever.

Well, I have a blood lust. I love killing.....deer and hogs and doves and ducks and geese and rabbits and squirrels.....what am I to do, let all that good meat go to rot? I eat GOD'S gift to man, wild game. Jews aside, I'm not Jewish though I do follow the teachings of a Jew, but I'm convinced God gave Texans hogs so we could survive high beef prices. :D Who am I to question God, after all? I could quote Matthew, but heck, I'm a moderator, what kind of example would THAT set? :D

Hey, I don't mind eating wild edible plants, either, or a good baked potato, or a mess of greens from the garden, or grilled corn on the cob, or.......dang, I'm getting hungry. :D

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Well, I have a blood lust. I love killing.....deer and hogs and doves and ducks and geese and rabbits and squirrels.....what am I to do, let all that good meat go to rot? I eat GOD'S gift to man, wild game. Jews aside, I'm not Jewish though I do follow the teachings of a Jew, but I'm convinced God gave Texans hogs so we could survive high beef prices. :D Who am I to question God, after all? I could quote Matthew, but heck, I'm a moderator, what kind of example would THAT set? :D

Hey, I don't mind eating wild edible plants, either, or a good baked potato, or a mess of greens from the garden, or grilled corn on the cob, or.......dang, I'm getting hungry. :D
And none of that bothers me. I have had 2 car-deer encounters, one was expensive, the other was more expensive. As far as I am concerned, fire away! They're tasty. I love pig - but haven't had the wild variety. Not a duck or goose fan - unless it's pate. Squirrel and rabbit? I've had both, they were good.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
And none of that bothers me. I have had 2 car-deer encounters, one was expensive, the other was more expensive. As far as I am concerned, fire away! They're tasty. I love pig - but haven't had the wild variety. Not a duck or goose fan - unless it's pate. Squirrel and rabbit? I've had both, they were good.
Ugh, pate' is a French creation of no particular merit created to impress toffs. Now Peking duck on the other hand is fine dining.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts