Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted earlier, over the weekend, I picked up this little 905 in a trade. I will admit I wasn't really looking for one and just happened to get a great deal out of it.

I'm considering putting it up for trade (towards a lever action rifle or a bigger bore revolver like the tracker .44) and I'd like to get a good judgment of what it's worth.

From what I could put together so far online there aren't a lot of these for sale, but I'm thinking about $375. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Am I high? Low?

·
Registered
589 Posts
PM me if you decide to sell. We may be able to work something out.

As I posted earlier, over the weekend, I picked up this little 905 in a trade. I will admit I wasn't really looking for one and just happened to get a great deal out of it.

I'm considering putting it up for trade (towards a lever action rifle or a bigger bore revolver like the tracker .44) and I'd like to get a good judgment of what it's worth.

From what I could put together so far online there aren't a lot of these for sale, but I'm thinking about $375. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Am I high? Low?

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
I have never seen grips like those, they are different.

I recently sold my 605 stainless, new unfired for $375. Keep in mind that while gaining in popularity there is a limited market for a 9mm revolver. And the jury still seems to be out as to the use of the stellar clips..some like them while some hate them.

If you do choose to sell it, please give Atlee a shot (pun intended) at purchasing it.

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
I did just notice that Taurus has listed in their new 2013 the 905 revolver. I guess they are putting them back into production Atlee, there is hope on the horizon.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
The 905, I think, has been in the Taurus lineup for a long time. The OP's gun is the 905c IB, produced in the mid or later 90's. It has a 1.75 barrel, and the crane and the cylinder is shorter the the regular 905. I'll try to post a pic of both models when I get home....

BTW-- I've not seen those grips, either. I have CT laser grips on all 3 of my 905s.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just wanted to pipe in here and say that I love my 905. Don't mind the stellar clips at all. I paid $375 used, but I am in CA, and since they are not on the CA roster of guns I can buy new, I was very fortunate to find one that had been brought into state by a CA transplant from Texas.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
spdski, just out of curiosity, can you look up that serial number on the "find my model" feature on the Taurus USA website? I'm wondering what year that one was made. Thanks!

Coop

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I have never seen grips like those, they are different.

I recently sold my 605 stainless, new unfired for $375. Keep in mind that while gaining in popularity there is a limited market for a 9mm revolver. And the jury still seems to be out as to the use of the stellar clips..some like them while some hate them.

If you do choose to sell it, please give Atlee a shot (pun intended) at purchasing it.
The grips look like Barami "Hip Grips" the lip at the top is supposed to hook over the pants and serve as an IWB or pocket holsterless holster.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Very interesting. I had never seen a 9mm revolver!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spdski, just out of curiosity, can you look up that serial number on the "find my model" feature on the Taurus USA website? I'm wondering what year that one was made. Thanks!

Coop
Your Model Is 2-905129 Production Year 2004

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Thanks for the link whodog! I would swear those barrels look to be the same length... must be my old eyes playing a trick on me :)

Coop
Not only is the barrel shorter, but look and see the yoke is shape shorter. The cylinder is also shorter...

As far as date of production, I guess my memory is that good on dates..... LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts