Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had someone over hear that I have a Marlin Model 883SS 22MAG I maybe willing to sell or trade. Problem is I have no real idea as to the value of this rifle. It does have a scope on it, I'm sure it's not an expensive scope but there none the less.

The stock and stainless appears to be in excellent condition. I tried doing a couple of searches but either can't find anything or the prices I have come up with are a year of better old. The only history I have or knowledge of this rifle is that I purchased it a few years ago from the original owner who was having some cash flow problems with his business.

Here is a few photos, I still haven't figured out how to photograph a long gun and get a good photo example put together. So if you would please excuse my poor chopped up photos I would appreciate it.

If you can share anything as to the history of this model and it's value I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I put a few rounds through one that someone brought to the range once. It seemed like a nice gun. The one I shot had a synthetic stock. I like the looks of that laminated stock.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
MSRP was $358.00. In perfect condition, they should be close to that. In average condition or so, look at $275-300. Those are local prices in N. Georgia Shows. The scope add only $10-15 dollars unless it is a well-known high line rim-fire scope.

Had one for several years, exactly like that one. It was reliable, accurate, but was a bit picky about what ammo it was really accurate with. It also had a 3-9-32 silver rim-fire scope on it. Trigger wasn't bad, though hardly match grade.

Sold it at the range to a club member after letting him shoot it. Using CCI Maxi-Mag JHP, we were getting I MOA at 100 yards. I got $345.00 for it, with the scope. That's about $45.00 more than I was offered for it by those who hadn't shot it. ;)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
There is one on GunBroker for $279.99 with a scope but no iron sights.

Description says "Pre Owned Marlin 883ss .22wmr stainless bolt rifle, firearm is in excellent pre owned condition, missing the rear sight and front site, which were removed because it has a scope. stock has normal wear, bore is clean. See all pictures"

Looks to be in decent shape. but without the sights...

I don't have any other info on the weapon but I would probably ask for $375 and take as low as $300-$325 depending on your level of attachment to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts