Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
33,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Heinie sights

For those of you who have these on your 24/7 or Millennium Pro pistols there is this that may prove interesting.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote from link: "These sights are designed to be used as follows: Point of Aim Point of Impact, at 20-25 yards. In simple terms, Dead On. These are not designed to be used with a six o'clock hold.
Richard [Heinie] has personally tested several Taurus 24/7 Pistols in 9MM, 40S&W and 45ACP...each of these pistols have performed as stated above. If you are shooting low, be sure you are using the correct hold and that you are not pulling the pistol down during the trigger stroke."

Thank you very much for that link. Ive been a member of this site for a little while, and always kind of cringed at a lot of the information and misinformation I've seen regarding these amazing sights. I've bought a few sets from members to put on my pistols that didn't come with straight 8's.

I am a certified Marine Corps Combat Marksmanship Coach, and also Trainer, and have learned the best way to repeatable success is consistency. The only way to use pistol sights consistently is with a center (dead on) hold, using the flat top blade edge of the sights. The white dots are great for rapid sight alignment in a combat situation, but for accuracy, they should be completely ignored. #2 in the image is the only way to be consistent, variables in target size and distance change the POA on the other methods.

Attachments

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

Quote from link: "These sights are designed to be used as follows: Point of Aim Point of Impact, at 20-25 yards. In simple terms, Dead On. These are not designed to be used with a six o'clock hold.
Richard [Heinie] has personally tested several Taurus 24/7 Pistols in 9MM, 40S&W and 45ACP...each of these pistols have performed as stated above. If you are shooting low, be sure you are using the correct hold and that you are not pulling the pistol down during the trigger stroke."

Thank you very much for that link. Ive been a member of this site for a little while, and always kind of cringed at a lot of the information and misinformation I've seen regarding these amazing sights. I've bought a few sets from members to put on my pistols that didn't come with straight 8's.

I am a certified Marine Corps Combat Marksmanship Coach, and also Trainer, and have learned the best way to repeatable success is consistency. The only way to use pistol sights consistently is with a center (dead on) hold, using the flat top blade edge of the sights. The white dots are great for rapid sight alignment in a combat situation, but for accuracy, they should be completely ignored. #2 in the image is the only way to be consistent, variables in target size and distance change the POA on the other methods.
+1!

#2 is the proper sight picture for a handgun, heck, any gun that is properly sighted.

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.