Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 24/7 mag at a local gunshow and went to the range to test it in my 145. Works but constantly ejects on it own. I did notice that the spring is really strong, had trouble getting round number 12 in there. Figure that I need to let it sit fully compressed for awhile and hope that eases the pressure so it stays inserted while firing. Any thoughts?

btw dont tell anyone that i have a 12 round mag for my 145, I will probably get labeled a terrorist or something.

thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wonder what could be the issue with the .45 PT 24/7 mag and your PT 145. It would be interesting to find out.

I use 9mm PT 24/7 mags (17 rounds) in my PT 111 Pro exclusively and have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
If the spring of the mag is still pretty tight, it could be pushing a round aginst the side and giving just enough of a shove against the mag release. Try working the follower up and down with a long screwdriver or dowel rod and then take it back to the range when it feels a little softer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you taken the mag apart and cleaned it? Sometimes there is gunk galore in there that may affect it. Don't know if that would solve your problem but I'll try all the small/easy steps first before sending back to Miami. You can also run your finger around the magwell, and on the follower and feel for any rough spots or burs. Take some 600grit sandpaper and sand them down lightly which should smooth everything out as well.

Also: Is it a G1 mag or G2? I've never tried to put a G2 in a MilPro, but heard they don't work. I don't know if they don't fit, or fit but have issues like you are describing.

A third thing, take a look in the 24/7 forum, They have a mag thread sticky just like the Milpro, and I think they go into the difference, which spring coils might be one. When you take your mag apart, count the coils. If its still sticky or hard to push down after you've left it loaded for a week or so, you could always cut 1 coil off the bottom or so. BUT, don't cut it just because I said so. I'm throwing out conjecture on cutting the spring, but know that's one of the options on bad pt145 springs so figure it must translate to 24/7. Read the thread and if they have results in cutting a spring, then you can think about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had it fully loaded with 12 rounds for a week and a half now. Am going to try to get to the range this weekend to test it out. Thanks for all the advice. If it still is having issues ill try the suggestions above.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I've been using the 24/7 12rd mags in the PT145 for years with no problems. I even bought a few 24/7 C .45 spacers to make the 12rd mags look nicer in the gun.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I've been using the 24/7 12rd mags in the PT145 for years with no problems. I even bought a few 24/7 C .45 spacers to make the 12rd mags look nicer in the gun.
Ditto. It really makes a difference in the looks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts