Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With hallucinations, sneezes, coughs, throwing up and waiting on a new grandson.

Managed to catch some real nasty bug right before New Years and it has knocked me for a loop. The only meds that help make me as loopy as the dang cold/flu/whatever and this post is taking asoms serious concentration. Wife thinks it is swine flu.

My youngest daughter was expecting her newest member about the 12th or so and we got a call that he wasn't waiting last night. Sure enough aroun 0100 tis morning William Dan Young decided to make his appearance. 7lb 1 1/2 oz and smiling and looking happy.

sasrge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My congratulations to you and your family on the birth of this precious new grandchild.

Sorry to learn that you are "down for the count" with the flu.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Congrats on the new grandson.
Be thankful those loopy meds don't make you see double: twins might have been a shocker.

·
Super Moderator
26,964 Posts
Many congrats on the new family member. A word of advice: Do not mention swine flu to the wife..... quote from mine: " Stop acting like a pig!" What did I do?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, Congrats!!! grandpa!!!! Sorry your feeling so bad, but I know you'll be up an going before long, playing with that new grandbaby!!! What a way to start a New Year!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The flu bugs can be nasty and sometimes I think they will never go away, so I can feel for you. Congratulations on the new Grandson, now you have a good excuse to get another Taurus and claim it is for him andyou are just breaking it in and making sure it works right!!!!

I can see Grandpa planning some range time with him already.:)

·
5,686 Posts
Congrats on the new Grandbaby!!! How sweet is that!? I love babies!!! Can you tell? LOL

I'm sorry to hear you are still sick. If it is the flu, remember to rest. It's the best thing for the flu. Don't worry about sleeping a lot, you'll be up and around before long, but if you don't rest it will linger on longer. I'm gonna put you in my prayers to get better soon Sir!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Congrats on the boy!

On the illness....I've had it for 8 weeks now. Finally went to a different doctor- got a butt shot, strong antibiotics for 14 days, and an anti-histamine, and cough syrup with codine. Finally feel good-

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Congrats, you sickie grampa!!! Hope you feel better soon!!! And pics would be nice, hint, hint....

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats on the new Grandson!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon and back to cooking.

·
Administrator
39,708 Posts
That new grandson will make you feel better! I went to sleep last year, and woke up, this year! How weird is that? :shocked:

Reactions: dbsoundguy

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Congrats on the new grandbaby! Take care of yourself so you get get to play with him soon.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it seems I did in fact post here. I had this disjointed unsure memory of possibly doing this and was almost afraid of what I had posted! I feel better knowing it was an acceptable post at least. *grin*

I lost track of everything from about 1230 on and only have vague memories until this morning. No meds left in the place and we had enough to last us until this next Friday. Whoops, think I may have overdone it. But I feel mostly better now so it must have worked. A bit of a ringing in my ears (imagine that considering everyone of them had aspirin in it) and still slightly congested but no fever and my brain seems to function again.

Here is William Dan's first picture of his life and 2012:

Sarge

·
Super Moderator
26,964 Posts
I don't like baby pics..but that is a beautiful kid!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yup..that is a good pic..congrats grampa.. smily6.gif they are so much fun...I have 12..of all ages

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeee haww!!!! Found a cure!!! Got to school, made it thru the class section and went to lab (kitchen) where I was about to be sent home. But we were making bacon wrapped meatloaf and horseradish smashed potatoes and I love those. My grandmum used to make those. So I tested the horseradish out with an entire teaspoon of the extra hot.

I can breath! I can smell! I can talk! Made it thru the night and feeling fairly good this morning.

Waiting anxiously for the rest of the cold to go away so I can go see grandkid #4.

Sarge

Reactions: rodfair
1 - 16 of 16 Posts