Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sucker for a bargain. The local shop had a nice looking TH9C for sale, only $249. Usually, when it's priced that cheap, it is only the pistol and one mag. I had them check and this came with everything, as new. Case, both mags, all the extras.
I like SA/DA pistols, especially with a decocker. I guess that's why most of the other guns I own are CZ, Berettas, and clones.
It has the almost impossible mag release button. Funny thing is, I don't remember any of us having trouble with it at the store. But when I got it home I almost have to use both hands to pop the mag.
The gun is very clean inside and out. Only the 17rd mag seems to have any residue on the follower. If it was shot, it wasn't shot much.
The original owner did register it. Taurus won't let me register it in my name. What can I expect from Taurus in the future if I need service from them?
Anyway, it looks like a cool gun. When the temps drop a little I'll head out to the range. We've been having mid 90's temps everyday for at least 2 weeks. I'm getting too old to fight that kind of heat and humidity.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Congratulations on your bargain!

Reactions: potmetal

·
Registered
696 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade, but the TH9C can be had new for about $250 or less which would give you the lifetime warranty. The good news is that you'll probably never need to use the warranty as the TH series are very reliable. As for the mag release, they're tough when new, and to make it worse the design requires it rotate while being depressed so the better your thumb/finger grip it the tougher it seems. It'll get better with use, but in the mean time brush a dab of grease on it from inside the magwell and work it back and forth several hundred times.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
That's a good price for a TH9C, these days.
I carry one as my EDC, and I love it!
I don't understand why Taurus won't let you re-register it.

You may also notice that the trigger pull is rough and gritty in decocked (double-action) mode.
I recommend cleaning it out thoroughly, lube it up. Even over-lube it a little around the trigger mechanism and mag release. Then spend a night dry-firing it a LOT with a snapcap in the chamber. Work the mag release the same way.
The next day clean it again, and lube normally.
I think you'll find that the trigger and mag release work a lot smoother after that.

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
Looks like a great deal on a really good looking gun! It's rare to get the gun in its original container with all the goodies! Congratulations!

Reactions: potmetal
1 - 8 of 8 Posts