Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen the pistol yet but seller claims it is in excellent condition with less than 200 rounds down the pipe. Has two magazines, original box and paper work and was purchase 10 years ago. He originally asked $400, I balked and he dropped the price to $350. I haven’t committed to paying that, so what y’all think I should offer him if the pistol is as good as he claims it is?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
At $350 you should go for it. In my area they tend to hold their value and run $400+. It's gotten to the point you're better off buying new.

Maloy

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
New $450 +/-; used $350- $425. Your $350 reasonable if in good shape as stated.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yep if it's nice $350 is a fair price.

Reactions: CWB

·
Registered
324 Posts
IMO a non tac-railed model is worth a little more. Don't know which yours is though.

A LGS has new PT92 AFS-Ds in stainless for about 370. It's a steal. I already have a few otherwise I'd own another. I paid more for the ones I own. I just bought a railed PT1911 in stainless from him yesterday for $400. It appears to be in good shape but has holster wear (shiny spots). I'm considering disassembling and 'brushing' the finish on the slide and frame flats.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I agree. I just paid $300 for a 10 year old AF blued, seemingly perfect condition, I can't tell if its ever been fired. 100% blue and the mag springs are stiff as new.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
$350 for a stainless PT92 in excellent condition is a steal seeing as a new model would run upwards of $450.

Take him up on it now before he changes his mind or gets a better offer.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
I have seen used 92's go from $325-$450, negotiate the best deal you can then decide if you would be better off getting a new one.

Reactions: Wino and bubblehead

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought mine new for $366. Blued ones sell new for about $320 near me. In my market, I would not pay more than $300 for a used one in stainless, and it would have to be in absolutely like new condition for me to pay that much. But from what others are saying, that may be a good price in most places. If it feels right, do it.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
If you're in a position to do a face to face transfer and save shipping, $350 is a good price. Gun Broker has one for $339 + $15 shipping that isn't part of an auction. It's a 1992 model. The others seem to be going for right at $350 and up. Cabela's has none, Buds has none, Bass Pro has none, Cheaper Than Dirt has none, and by "none" I mean no PT92 of any kind, blue or stainless.

I agree with the guys who say you're looking at a reasonable deal.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I bought mine new for $366. Blued ones sell new for about $320 near me. In my market, I would not pay more than $300 for a used one in stainless, and it would have to be in absolutely like new condition for me to pay that much. But from what others are saying, that may be a good price in most places. If it feels right, do it.
Don't know what your market is, but when you find those "absolutely like new condition" PT92ss for $300 (or less), please post a link because I'm sure there are several in here who would jump on it.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Font Banner Text Logo Signage

Reactions: mark38090

·
Registered
17,579 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I now have another one to consider - I really didnt think that it was going to be this easy to find one locally. This one is a blue AR version that comes with 5 magazines and is stated to be in “great condition”. Seller wants $300, firm.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
^^ The mags are 25.00 +/- per each...with or without the light that seems like a solid deal if you like the blued one. The light would be icing on the cake IMO.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Figuring the 3 extra mags at $20.00 ea. makes that an attractive package. IMHO

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I honestly don't mind holster wear. It adds character just like slight imperfections in wood.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Well....show us the photos already!! :D

(signed...The Enablers)

Reactions: JeeperCreeper
1 - 20 of 20 Posts