Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Used PT1911 prices

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  johanncaparas 
I had gone to my LGS on Thursday or Friday and found a PT1911 .45 ACP. One magazine. Not sure if there was a box and the pistol looked like it went to heck and back.
Lots of carry wear and looked like the guy just didn't care for it. Scratched up quite a bit on the slide and all. Kinda dirty to.

LGS is asking $400 for it. Told me he can let me have it for $385 OTD.
I wanted to buy it just because it is a 1911, A Taurus ( because you know there fine pitolas ) and chambered in .45 ACP.
Im still thinking about it.

Not sure if I should get that or the 605 instead since I really need something for conceal carry. They was asking $350 used for it. They also has a Slim 709 for $225!
Look at me...Ranting....Anyways.

I would value this pistol at about 60-70%. What would you say?

I would say to go get it, that is if you want a 1911.
I would do a good function/safety check on it and if it passed then it would be mine.
The finish even on a new blue PT isn't the best in the world to begin with, but if it bothers you then have the thing cera koated or reblued.
one of our sponsors does duracoat as well.
the other parts are backed by Taurus so even if its worn out , send it back and they will repair or replace the gun for you.
I had a Pt1911B cera koated in burnt bronze and Graphite black, and is been a very durable hard finish so far, shot about 4-500 rounds through it since having it done.
They offer about 100 different colors in the Cera Koat process.
this would be ideal for me cause i got a friend that does the coating for cost, but you can get it done for 150-200 bucks usually.
Your not making my decision any easier with those pics up!
And I know what your talking about, I thought about it but had no idea how much the cost would be. Thanks for letting me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.