Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Used PT1911 prices

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  johanncaparas 
Yep! there are some really crazy prices floating around!
I have a neighbor that loves Ar's, he had a few and sold a Danial Defense for 4 grand, now it had a Eotech sighh and dressed out with the sling and so forth but really, 4 grand.
he has also sold about 6 others of lesser known name for in the 2 grand to 2500 , he just laughs his butt off everytime he sales one.
I see on gun sites that are local all kinds of insane prices as well for all kinds of pistols as well.
eveyrone has to make a decision but honestly i am just not going to pay those prices , of course i guess if you want a gun and don't have one then maybe thats a different thing.
I have seen Taurus Pt1911's going for in the 600-750 range depending on which model and of course all are used, a reasonable "My price' to me is a blue in the 500 dollar range used and a stainless in the 550-575 price used.
others may think differently but thats where i am to get my money.

I don't think that the 1911 should be or in fact is worth any more now than it was 6 months ago. The magazine capacity is limited to well under the asked for 10 round limit. The 1911 is too complicated for the person who is caught up in the buying scare recently created. And it is really to large to be used as a conceal carry weapon by most.
Well you fail to recognize though that there has likely only been a few hundred 1911's made in history!!
they are like almost a collecible item!
very hard to find and buy!

I would say to go get it, that is if you want a 1911.
I would do a good function/safety check on it and if it passed then it would be mine.
The finish even on a new blue PT isn't the best in the world to begin with, but if it bothers you then have the thing cera koated or reblued.
one of our sponsors does duracoat as well.
the other parts are backed by Taurus so even if its worn out , send it back and they will repair or replace the gun for you.
I had a Pt1911B cera koated in burnt bronze and Graphite black, and is been a very durable hard finish so far, shot about 4-500 rounds through it since having it done.
They offer about 100 different colors in the Cera Koat process.
this would be ideal for me cause i got a friend that does the coating for cost, but you can get it done for 150-200 bucks usually.

Attachments

Reactions: Laker
Great looking 1911! I like that you change the ambi safty out. I don't like them either. What do you use, and is it drop in?
yea, thats the one thing that i really don't care for on the Pt1911, them ambi safeties are just HUGE!!
Now i am right handed and don't really care for any ambi, but can live with the smaller regular sized ones.
I think this was an Ed Brown but don't hold me to that.
I actually use whatever good qulality thumb safety that I find availible.
No it took a bit of fitting, but nothing to bad, say 15-20 minutes and it was in.
Did my Duo-Tone too.
need to get the AL and Stainless done one of these days.
heres a pic, the Blue PT1911 in the pictures is the same 1911 before the Cera-Koat.

Attachments

Your not making my decision any easier with those pics up!
And I know what your talking about, I thought about it but had no idea how much the cost would be. Thanks for letting me know!
IF you go to the Cera-Koat website they have pictures of different weapons that have been coated, the color choices and a listing of dealers that do the process and where they are located.
The 150-200 dollar price is what people (companies) charge here to do the process.
This really is NOT a do at home type finish as it is so thin and takes proper techniques to get a good job.
I would imagine a auto body shop could do it as long as they knew how to disassmeble, reassemble the weapon.

Just saw a dealer here in Ohio advertising a NIB PT1911 for $529. Wish they were closer.
Thats what PT1911B in 9MM were selling for here severl months ago.
but that was before the great gun ban debate!
haven't seen a new PT1911 around here in a while now.

I just picked up a used (1 month) Biotone for $525 @ my LGS yesterday. Still had receipt from original purchase in the box. Not what I went in for,but what I left with.
pretty good price on a "DUO-TONE" Taurus 1911DT
don't see many of them floating around for some reason.

well not used but!
saw a good bunch of Taurus PT1911 in plain blue in both 45 acp and 9MM for 569.99.
haven't seen any new Pt1911 in these parts for a while so i was a bit surprised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.