Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 03A3 30-06 from the LGS Wednesday; that used 24/7 .45 was still there. Told myself to think about it for a day. Day trip to Chaco Canyon yesterday. Went in to buy the .45 this morning...it sold yesterday. Sigh. I could buy one from Bud's, but now I'm thinking I might want a 1911 model. Decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
13,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would y'all mind edikatin this noobie? What is the difference between the OSS and the 27/7?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
We can say the 24/7 OSS .45 ACP is the advanced 24/7 pistol with 5.25" match grade barrel & ambi safety and it was made to the US military standards. Later on Taurus also made the OSS pistols in 40 SW and 9mm. This page has good info on the OSS.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
We can say the 24/7 OSS .45 ACP is the advanced 24/7 pistol with 5.25" match grade barrel & ambi safety and it was made to the US military standards. Later on Taurus also made the OSS pistols in 40 SW and 9mm. This page has good info on the OSS.
+1 on the OSS, I have three. Two in .45 ACP, one black and the other desert tan frame, and one 9mm in desert tan.

Maloy

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
Definitely look into a .45 24/7 OSS. Here is a Gunblast review of it: Taurus .45 ACP 24/7 OSS Auto Pistol

Even a Standard .45 24/7 Pro or Pro DS is a great handgun.

I own and operate a .45 24/7 OSS, but a Standard Model in .45 is on my Shopping list. Have a Standard 9mm 24/7 Pro and like the size for carry.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Picked up my 03A3 30-06 from the LGS Wednesday; that used 24/7 .45 was still there. Told myself to think about it for a day. Day trip to Chaco Canyon yesterday. Went in to buy the .45 this morning...it sold yesterday. Sigh. I could buy one from Bud's, but now I'm thinking I might want a 1911 model. Decisions, decisions.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I recently put a PT1911 on my watch list on GunBroker, but before I went back and put a bid, the gun was gone. :( Since it would've been #3, not a major loss, but painful. That being said, I do highly recommend the PT1911 as dollar for dollar best bang for the 1911 buck. Having the 24/7G2C-45 also, there really is no comparison to the 1911, it's apples to oranges, but both are good in their own right. Bud's has (had) the 24/7 OSS 45 for $327, seems good but probably won't last long since it's being discontinued. You should be well served by (buy) either, good luck with that.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That's always the problem -- too many firearms, not enough money. Overtime, if the money is available, I have found that it is better not to wait. You may get another chance, but the price is usually higher.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Bud's is sold out. You can buy new ones on Gunbroker but the prices are sky-high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yep buds is sold out, i went to buy one from them on sunday and found out the well was dry, then went looking on the web and almost every one elese was sold out also, and if you could find one it was 600 plus, i was super lucky and found one on gun broker .com about 30 miles from me, but it was the 24/7 ls ds mod same gun but doesnt have the safety on both sides and doesnt have a little hole on the bottom of the grip to put a lanyard on it, but im right handed so dont need the safety on the left and would never put a pc of rope on the grip of my gun so it didnt matter to me, I also lucked out and the one i found had a sst slide, needless to say i jumped on the deal, it looks like there gonna get harder and harder to find, but then again I have seen buds come back and sell weapons at a great deal after they run out, I guess they need a new truck load to come in from taurus, well good luck I hope you find one

·
Registered
32 Posts
well buds had them for an hour or so yesterday, I had it on my wish list and the emailed my phone to tell me they had them back in stock and within 2hrs they were sold out again, I was out and it took me 2 hrs to get home, once I got home I fired up my computer to go to there web site and buy one but I was too late, I think there are a lot of people out there buying them at buds great price just to re-sell them at a way high mark up o well ill keep trying to get another

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Good Luck with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems odd that these keep popping up for an hour or so when they are supposedly sold out. I don't think they're getting any more from Taurus, so I wonder if they are re-selling ones that have been returned?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It seems odd that these keep popping up for an hour or so when they are supposedly sold out. I don't think they're getting any more from Taurus, so I wonder if they are re-selling ones that have been returned?
Tell me about it..just smells real fishy to me that's why I drove to the store and got a 24/7 Pro Stainless. I think they are doing it to lure people into the V.I.P. program, and that is not how you are suppose to treat your customers.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Tell me about it..just smells real fishy to me that's why I drove to the store and got a 24/7 Pro Stainless. I think they are doing it to lure people into the V.I.P. program, and that is not how you are suppose to treat your customers.
The last couple of times I saw it reappeared as available, it was not listed as FOR VIP ONLY.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts