Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new PT111 and I already have a 24/7 9mm which I really like. I discovered that the 17-rnd mag fits into the PT111 perfectly, but there is obviously some magazine sticking out. Springfield Armory makes a magazine grip extension for their XD Subcompact. Does Taurus do something similar or is there an after-market extension you can buy? I would love to have the added capacity, if I can get it. Thanks! I'll let you know how the PT111 shoots later.

Matt

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Available from Taurus only, as far as I know is a slip on grip extension, for the extended mag, for the 24/7. I do not know if it works for the PT111 or not. Guess it would depend on the grips being the same length. I only have the PT111, with a 24/7 mag for backup, so cannot check the grip length. You however, can check that out for us and let me know. I would order if it would help.

There was no problem shooting from the 17 rd mag, even without the cover extension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking online and on the Taurus website for that magazine extension collar and I couldn't find it. What is it called? By the way, I put almost 100 rounds through my brand new PT111 and it shot like a dream. Easy to point, easy to shoot, target reacquisition was quick with the Heine Straight-8 sights. Even for my big hand, it shot well. I love it!

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
The 9 mm 24/7 part # for that spacer is PN 26118947. I shows in the 2008 catalog. But Like I said, not sure if it is correct to fill the space on a PT111 or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a PT111 Pistol and it feels a bit uncomfortable because my hands are big. This information is very usefull I will definetly try the 17 round 24/7 Pro Magazine.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes the spacer # listed above works well with 24/7 9mm mag in PT111, still a minor gap, but nothing that you can feel, maybe 1/32". they cost $7.35 each plus shipping, go to taurususa and you can get an order form or call them. David

Edit, check under Mill Pro area I posted pictures.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
111 is a small pistol for my CC summer under my t-shirt weapon, i have no idea why anyone would want it to be large with a huge mag sticking out of it. just my opinion.

BTW: shouldn't this be under the milpro section?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Basically making the PT111 into a 24/7compact minus the rail. I use them for range use and as a spare mag, 12 in the gun & 17 refill.

The extra grip when shooting support hand only stages helps me shoot better than I can with the standard mag.

Eventually I may get a OSS for competition/plinking then I can use those same 17 rd mags in it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Similar to the 9mm caliber, I've been using the 24/7 .45 magazines for the PT145 with no problems. The 24/7 mags stick out some but they worked great even without the spacer. I'll call Taurus next month to order a couple of spacers to make them look nice.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i've been pricing out the magazines. no matter who makes then they have been 35 to 40 each. i just went to my local gun store on a whim and they had a rack hanging up. at the far back of the rack i found and older dust bag(instead of a hard plastic package). in it was a 17 round taurus factory mag for a 24/7 9mm. price tag was 25.99. in the imartal words of charlie sheen
WINNING! now i need to call taurus for the spacer. ok just called expected delivery date is a week. seems kind of slow for me living in florida, but i guess you cant expect them to ship it after 4pm on a friday

·
Registered
593 Posts
so my spacer finally got here yesterday. yes, 11 days. (taurus your slipping, i live in the same state.) i love it, fills the gap nicly. i had hoped the small gap i had heard about would be less noticable, but you really dont feel it. i think its more like an 1/8 of an inch, rather then 1/32 on an inch mentioned above, but perhaps its differnet on older or newer mags. either way i'm glad to have it. i'm so use to shooting 12 or 13 rounds from this pistol, that when i fired off 18 rounds through it last night i actually stopped at round 15 and looked at the gun thinking " is it really still going? its like the energizer magazine"

·
Registered
593 Posts
@taurus10-- trust me i went back and checked...twice. if they had more i would scoop them up like swipper the fox (little dora the explorer reference for you folks with young kids)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Did you order the spacers? I ordered 3x9mm spacers and 3x.45 spacers. They cost me $30 ($5 ea) plus $4.75 for shipping.

·
Registered
593 Posts
26118947 is the pt # i ordered. higher up on page on of this thread this number is listed as the pt # for the 9mm mag spacer. it fits perfect, but it leaves about an 1/8 inch gap. you dont feel it when shooting. i cant find these listed anywhere in a catalog, or on thier website. you would think they would advertize this sort of thing. for that matter, the girl i talked to had zero idea what i was talking about, i'm glad i did have the part number, because she never would have found the spacer without it. heck XD puts one in each box when you buy an XDM, and you get a short and a long mag.

it sounds like they gave you a better deal then they did me. i paid 7 something and 4.75 shipping. but i only bought the one.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, the nice CS lady Susan I talked to was very knowledgeable on Taurus pistols and gun parts. I told her I needed to order some 9mm & .45 mag spacers and she found them in the system right away then gave me the cost and asked for my CC #. My CC was charged last Fri and I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

Edit: I could find the part #'s for the 9mm and .40 spacers in the 2008 catalog but I could not find the part # for the .45 spacer anywhere. I will post it here once I receive the spacers.

·
Registered
593 Posts
that 2008 catalog must be the thing to have. i need to call them and order a catalog rather then relying on the internet

it took 11 days for mine to reach me

1 - 20 of 35 Posts