Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a PT-140 and love that pistol and figured you couldn't have too much of a good thing and stepped up and bought the 24/7 DA/SA 45 double stack also and it just wasn't me. The weapon didn't do anything wrong.....it just wasn't me. So I eyed a PT-1911 in the case and asked could I trade my 24/7 in on the 1911 and the owner of Gold n Gun in Gonzales said yes!

So I am the proud owner of a Taurus PT-1911 and can I say this is the most pleasant weapon I have shot! It's almost too easy to shoot. It took a couple of clips to get used to the weapon as it shot too easy and quickly but I soon because very proficient with the weapon and started stacking the rounds. Amazing and smooth 1911 and it's as smooth as my Desert Eagle 1911 G and it hits just like it. VERY ACCURATELY!!!!....is the term I would use. I figured July 4th was a good day to exercise my Second Amendment rights so I went shooting and tried my Taurus PT 1911 for the first time. I have plans for this weapon an I will keep you posted! LOL It will be my everyday carry gun trading back and forth with my PT-140.

Thanks..................twin

ps....I know....I know! NO pic...NO gun!! LOL They are coming soon!

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Glad you like the PT 1911! You are right, it's a great weapon!

I love mine!

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
1911s are the best if you lean that way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL...had to update my signature and add the PT-1911!!!!!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Congrats, I have had mine for over 2 years and it just works great. Great choice.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Congrats on your first (yes, I said first... there will be more... it's easier if you don't fight it...) 1911! The PT1911 is an
excellent choice!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you can find a sale on a digital camera somewhere! :D

If my friend Harry doesn't see any pictures, he gets grumpy. :D:D:D

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
PITCTURES PICTURES PICTURES

jHP
congrats to your 1st of many

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Congrats on the PT1911. Mine is a great shooter!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Your PT1911 was a good score!! By the way, 1911's don't use "clips". (somebody had to say it!)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Since there's no pictures yet I'll second that "clips" are used to hold hair back. Magazines are either read or loaded.
;-)

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Congrats on the PT1911, I love mine along with my PT140 as well.

·
Registered
15,370 Posts
The PT1911's are fantastic renditions of JMB's original design. For the price they really cant be beat, Sure there may be one that comes out of the factory is less than stellar condition, but Taurus will make it right.
The problem now is that you're hooked on the PT1911, the 9mm and 38 super versions are MUCH softer shooters.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I owned a PT-140 and love that pistol and figured you couldn't have too much of a good thing and stepped up and bought the 24/7 DA/SA 45 double stack also and it just wasn't me. The weapon didn't do anything wrong.....it just wasn't me. So I eyed a PT-1911 in the case and asked could I trade my 24/7 in on the 1911 and the owner of Gold n Gun in Gonzales said yes!

So I am the proud owner of a Taurus PT-1911 and can I say this is the most pleasant weapon I have shot! It's almost too easy to shoot. It took a couple of clips to get used to the weapon as it shot too easy and quickly but I soon because very proficient with the weapon and started stacking the rounds. Amazing and smooth 1911 and it's as smooth as my Desert Eagle 1911 G and it hits just like it. VERY ACCURATELY!!!!....is the term I would use. I figured July 4th was a good day to exercise my Second Amendment rights so I went shooting and tried my Taurus PT 1911 for the first time. I have plans for this weapon an I will keep you posted! LOL It will be my everyday carry gun trading back and forth with my PT-140.

Thanks..................twin

ps....I know....I know! NO pic...NO gun!! LOL They are coming soon!

Nice post. As such, its with a heavy heart that I must classify it as White House Certified (* totally made up hearsay) until a photo is posted. Rules are the rules.One man, one gun, one picture. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts