Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I'm new to the site and I'm thinking about adding a Raging Judge Magnum to my collection. Any thoughts or advice?

4/28/12-Well I ordered it, but they said it might take a year !

·
Registered
119 Posts
A year!?, I could buy one tomorrow down the street. I have e 3 inch magnum and was thinking about it so I could shoot some 454s. But I would have to trade mine in to afford it. Can't part with it, the weight is perfect and firing 454s would be for novelty only, they are ridiculous rounds.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be able to get one sooner but would pay a premium. I ordered the 6 inch SS for $759 + tax. Since I also have a 3 inch Magnum, I'll wait and save some money. Funny how different parts of the country have different prices and availability.

·
Registered
13,854 Posts
I have one and even listed it in the classified section for sale...but, I not sure why I listed it. It is one of the Taurus Big Dog revolvers and can be rather fun to shoot. Down side is the cost of .45lc and .454 ammunition. The 4:10 shot shells can get boring after awhile since it is limited more to close range due to the scatter pattern. And yes they do make 4:10 shells that are much more personal protection loads, but then that expense cost begins to rise again.
Due to the size and weight it is a nitche pistol or home defense weapon. It is also a pretty good man gun for bragging about who has the biggest. As for the .454 being a rediculous, I don't agree....the .500 Magnum is a rediculous round.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have one of the ultra lite Judges with the 2 1/2" chambers and 3" barrel. Got it as a snake gun and love it. I have several 454's in both double and single action revolvers. Hunted with the round and killed a lot of game with it. The 500, 460, 45/70, and several of the hand cannon rounds are not for everyone. I do not have a 500, or 460 now but still have the 45/70 and several other big bore revolvers. For some things, in some parts of the country I would want a Raging Judge in 454. What makes a round or gun useful is not everyone wanting or needing one. Just enough people to make a profit after production. When Dirty Harry made the 44 mag in the model 29 Smith popular, most of the people that bought one couldn't handle it. After the popularity died down, several of us bought guns and ammo with less than 6 rounds gone out of the box. Lot of the guns were shot once or twice and put up. People bought a Dirty Harry gun. Same thing still happens with lot of new products, advertising sells, and I love it, when the new wears off good used guns are more affordable. So far the Judge is holding value so that says a lot for it. Raging Judge in 454 will to I would bet. Big medicine in bear and rattlesnake country.

·
Registered
13,854 Posts
Here is a photo to put size in proper context.

Small revolver: M85 38 spl 2" barrel
Medium revolver: M500 4" Taurus 500MAG
Largest revolver: Raging Judge 454/45lc/4:10

·
Registered
33 Posts
that raging judge is NICE!! almost be worth selling the raging bull to get one..... dang it would be hard to part with that .44mag!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Here is a photo to put size in proper context.

Small revolver: M85 38 spl 2" barrel
Medium revolver: M500 4" Taurus 500MAG
Largest revolver: Raging Judge 454/45lc/4:10
That "medium" revolver will wallop your hand much harder than the "largest"....but, you already knew that....;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts