Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used first generation PT145 last month for a fair market price. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...95119-update-my-new-me-12-year-old-pt145.html It had hairline cracks in the frame above the back of the grip, and five out of ten rounds failed to fire at the range. I returned it to the gun shop where I purchased it, and they sent it to Taurus at their expense on Monday, April 29. The gun shop received it yesterday, Thursday, May 16.

The repair sheet reads as follows: Damaged frame was replaced; Damaged trigger was replaced; Worn recoil pin (captured) was replaced.

Taurus fired 25 rounds through it before cleaning, boxing/packaging and shipping it back to the LGS.

Result: For the price of a 12 year-old, well worn .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol, I have a rebuilt-to-factory-specs firearm. I am a content and pleased Taurus owner. (Not my first Taurus, mind you, I already have a TCP.)

And, because so many of you are oh-so-quick on the "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley,

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

I don't know if you can see it, but there are wear spots near the muzzle. Frankly, I'm not going to worry about them. If it shoots straight and reliably, that's good for me. Range report coming soon to a forum near you.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Glad fo hear if. Keep us informed on how long it takes you to fall in love with it!!

·
Super Moderator
38,240 Posts
One magazine will be all that it takes to get totally enamored with that beauty. ;)

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A lifetime repair warranty...one more reason that Taurus handguns are some of the best values on the market today!

I'm pleased to read your positive report.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
She will require a firm grip and strong wrist or you will have FTE's. After that gets comfy, you will be in .45 heaven! Gotta love a factory reconditioned gun! Like new, but with old style class.

·
Super Moderator
40,705 Posts
Looks great! Let us know how it runs.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
I love mine.

Had to get used to the long trigger take up but now use it to stage myself and steady prior to letting it shoot.

It takes practice but you can learn to shoot this short barreled cannon accurately!

And, 10+1 rounds of .45 acp...who can complain about that????

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'm glad you got it back so quickly.

But I have one suggestion - if you stop using it to drive nails and such it will last much longer. :)

You have yourself an excellent weapon there. It's my primary carry.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
They must have up graded / modified a new frame because that looks nothing like my gen1 frame; especially the stippling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts