Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I need help with the cylinder not locking stopped with hammer pulled to rear most position. This is a Taurus 696, .357 mag. I know the problem is there is no cylinder stop plunger and spring in the yoke.
I bought a cylinder stop and spring off eBay for a different model but thought it would work because Gun Parts inc lists same part number for a 696 and the revolver the part was made for. I thought it would fit, but seems too long.
To install, all you do is attach spring to end of plunger and put spring end in the yoke and put the gun back together with big flat end of the plunger toward the cylinder stop, right?
Any advice any of you can give me would be appreciated !!!!
Hobylee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Folks, I need help with the cylinder not locking stopped with hammer pulled to rear most position. This is a Taurus 696, .357 mag. I know the problem is there is no cylinder stop plunger and spring in the yoke.
I bought a cylinder stop and spring off eBay for a different model but thought it would work because Gun Parts inc lists same part number for a 696 and the revolver the part was made for. I thought it would fit, but seems too long.
To install, all you do is attach spring to end of plunger and put spring end in the yoke and put the gun back together with big flat end of the plunger toward the cylinder stop, right?
Any advice any of you can give me would be appreciated !!!!
Hobylee
I mean I bought spring and plunger, not the stop itself. Sorry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, your discription of instalation didn't make much sense. What you discribe seems right. Put it together and see if it works, since you don't seem to have the original to compare to.

·
Super Moderator
40,918 Posts
OP...I moved your issue to a forum where it will get more attention rather than being buried in another thread. Welcome to the forum from northern Georgia . Good luck with your gun.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts