Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going team? I have an update with some pretty good results. I received from Taurus, a replacement magazine on 11-14-14, two weeks after I sent them the first faulty magazine. upon opening the package I could immediately see a major difference in the yellow mag follower. there is more material where the contact point of the slide release tab and follower meet. with bare eyes, it looks to be about 1/8 of an inch difference between the old and new. as you can see in the picture, the slide release height is now much more aggresive than that of the old magazine. i'm confident that the new followers will cure the problem of the slide holding back after the last round. I do see the wear-n-tear will continue to happen but because of the new height this shouldnt pose a major issue. I aim to purchase another magazine to use only at the range to receive the wear and tear, basically a beater magazine. And i'll keep the others as carry magazines, free from the abuse of practice. i hope this helps out. take care and be safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got a 111 G2 and my followers look like the newer style (picture on left), where the slide stop catch area is about the same height as the metal on the front of the magazine. I also bought 2 extra factory mags from an on-line dealer and they also have the newer style follower.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Sometimes you see this when a vendor's products are 'almost good enough. Ask Check-Mate about the rep they got from following Mil-Spec requirements for magazines in the Model 92 Beretta. The extra thickness of interior coating reduced the dimensions enough to make them unreliable when dirty. All of the Errornet Experts were blaming QC, and bad springs for the issue, not the specifications that the bid was let under.

I wouldn't presume to blame a vendor's less than stellar interpretation of a supplied part as a design flaw.

·
22,815 Posts
That's great! I wouldn't totally eliminate the good magazines from practice; you want real-world experience that they continue to work exactly as described. But the first thing I'd do is investigate the fact that your pistol seems to be haunted by floating Mickey hands. That's not good, unless you can train or bribe them into working with you in a fight.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Looks more like a bad injection molding job on the follower rather than a design flaw. It happens, but this should not have escaped QA/QC.

Reactions: zeroed_in

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
Glad they took care of the issue!

Reactions: zeroed_in
1 - 8 of 8 Posts