Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sent the spring assembly in 10 days ago, and called in today, and was told they have not recieved it yet. I am not sure how that is possible. They must be so backed up, they have not gotten to my parts yet. The woman did take my info and said she would go ahead and put my order in, but said it would take 2-3 days to ship, and I should expect it in about a week. I really needed the gun this weekend as I am having to travel to chicago to look at some claims. I guess I will be happy when the parts come in if I dont have any more problems with it, but they are a bit slow. I just hope I dont need it this weekend. The last time I was in chicago, I swore I would not go back. I will update again when the parts come in.

·
32,481 Posts
Be careful.Chicago is anti-gun all the way. Even if you have it with you in a motel room or residence there are many places it's against the law to possess a handgun. Or without proper permits.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Taurus9mm said:
Well, I sent the spring assembly in 10 days ago, and called in today, and was told they have not recieved it yet. I am not sure how that is possible.
Did you you ship your spring UPS or USPS with a delivery confirmation? I would be interested in seeing from someone shipping to Taurus the exact date and time they dropped off a package for delivery and the date and time the package was actually delivered to Taurus. From there it would be possible to take a good guess how long it takes the package to process internally at Taurus with a phone call documenting when they confirm the part (or gun) is in their system.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used usps, I should have added delivery confirmation, but didn't. I dong have to worry about chicago, I dont have a gun to take with me. I have thought about buying pepper spray, but never have. I will just hope for the best. The last trip to chicago I saw 3 dead guys, one of them was right behind the house I was supposed to look at. Also, the house was supposed to be vacant, but there were 2 people inside, so I called the cops to clear the house.

·
32,481 Posts
People's Republic cities are known to have strict laws about not being able to carry even the basic defense weapons or devices. Pepper spray,knives,Kubatons, or any other type of device.Can get jail time for 'carrying'. Stupid beyond words, but there it is.

It's too easy to be breaking the local laws, since defense, seems like in England, the criminals ' have a right' to persue their trade and expense to victims and the regular people. This no matter how violent or wrong stealing or worse is. Victims go to jail for defending themselves or using any means to do so. Chicago is one of those similar places.

·
Registered
132 Posts
my 2 cents

Its better to be tried by six than to be carried by six................i would say carry a weapond. Expecially since it seems like a rough part of town. I have a permit to carry and even when i am traveling then i will take it out of state. I might put it in a gun case with a lock and take it with me..............actually, i think i carry it on me and then just have the case and lock for insurance j/k :D If you can afford it then I would say, buy something else for your trip...........its always good to have a backup anyways.

Well, i hope you get your parts soon...........call them and keep bugging them. See if that can take a credit card and order the part (should not cost much) and when they get the part that you shipped in then they can refund you. Most of their small parts are like $1 and $2.

Good Luck

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
kashdaddy said:
Its better to be tried by six than to be carried by six
I know I wouldn't want to be tried by six---it cuts your chances of acquittal in half. :judge: ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we made it back today. My wife decided to go with me, and we took our son. 1500 miles with a 15 month old is not fun. He did pretty good, but he was tired of the carseat. Now I have a good 3 days of paperwork, and estimates to do, but all in all it was a good trip. All but 2 of the houses were owner occupied, so I did not have to worry about all the vacant houses I usually deal with. I still dont have my parts in though. I will call them again tomorrow.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got 2 new assemblies in the mail today which is exactly 1 week from the day I called, and was told they would put the order in. I have uploaded photos of the new spring in my photos if any-one is interested. I cant wait to get to the range and try it out.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Just for reference, is there actually a difference in color between the two assemblies or is the difference in the flash etc?

Thanks for the pics by the way.

Steelheart

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first one was with the flash.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Taurus9mm said:
Well, I sent the spring assembly in 10 days ago, and called in today, and was told they have not recieved it yet. I am not sure how that is possible. They must be so backed up, they have not gotten to my parts yet. The woman did take my info and said she would go ahead and put my order in, but said it would take 2-3 days to ship, and I should expect it in about a week. I really needed the gun this weekend as I am having to travel to chicago to look at some claims. I guess I will be happy when the parts come in if I dont have any more problems with it, but they are a bit slow. I just hope I dont need it this weekend. The last time I was in chicago, I swore I would not go back. I will update again when the parts come in.
Hey Taurus9mm,

Which Millennium PRO pistol do you have? That spring looks like my PT145's, which I use as my CCW. I have not had any issues with mine as of yet (1000+ rounds through it), but one can never be to cautious. I may order a replacement to be safe. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is the PT 111 PRO. I would sell you my extra, but I guess I will keep it. You never know, I may need it again. I am sure it is the same in the 145. The part number is 36100811, or atleast that is what was written on the bag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts