Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NM DPS relisted most of the states they had dropped in the last few months. But they didn’t put South Carolina and Kentucky back on their list. Also Louisiana has not added NM back on the list of states those states honor. WV, OH & FL did add NM Back to their lists. As soon as Wyoming sees they are not listed on the NM DPS Page they will drop NM.

July 1, 2012 Mississippi will honor all other states permit/licenses. That is 23 additional states they will honor. Other states will add Mississippi soon after 7/1 because they will now honor theirs. HB 695 was signed by the Governor in May.

On July 1, 2012 Nevada will add South Carolina to the list of states it honors. Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association voted to add SC and this year and voted not to drop any of the other states they honor. Let’s hope this trend continues.

OK Governor signed SB1785 https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/legislation/53rd/2012/2R/SB/1785.pdf
That will allow Residents from nonpermitting carry states to carry in Oklahoma. The new law goes into effect in November. Looks like it will cover residents of Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming as these states allow permitless carry. They must carry their state issued Drivers License or State ID to show they are a resident of a permitless carry state.. I am hoping the Oklahoma OSBI lists those states whose residents will be able to carry on just their state ID.

www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to show the changes mentioned above that are in effect at this time. Others will be added when they become law. I also what to “Thank” everyone for the kind words you have had for Handgunlaw.us in the past. I believe Handgunlaw.us has the most accurate and up to date information on carrying firearms on the web. Yes I do work at it but it is the people who send me information and give me heads up on changes that make it what it is today. I could never do this by myself. Without assistance from people just like you Handgunlaw.us would not be what it is today. Again “Thank You” for all your assistance over the years. I hope you continue to assist us as your input has proven invaluable.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:happy:"July 1, 2012 Mississippi (otherwise known as God's Country:biggrin:) will honor all other states permit/licenses. That is 23 additional states they will honor. Other states will add Mississippi soon after 7/1 because they will now honor theirs. HB 695 was signed by the Governor in May". :thumb:

:clap::judge:
:rating10:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
This what I received via Riclin Firearms Training Newsletter in Alamogordo NM about a week ago:

Hello Everyone,

Here are a couple of updates from Tara Mica, the NRA-ILA State Liaison, on
the recent reciprocity issues here in NM and a couple of other items::

1 - All reciprocity agreements that existed prior to March are temporarily
back in place, including Florida and Virginia, which had been dropped
earlier this year. The departmental review which led to the large number of
states being dropped was NOT being driven by DPS leadership or the
Governor's office - in fact, Secretary Eden and the Administration took
quick corrective action. State agencies are large bureaucracies that lend
themselves to these sorts of problems happening from time-to-time. We will
continue to monitor the situation.

2 - NRA Political Victory Fund ratings and endorsements for the June 5
primary elections are available at National Rifle Association | Political Victory Fund | PVF Home. Early voting began
yesterday. Please let me know about any feedback you get regarding our
positions in these contests.

3 - The Dept. of Energy, Minerals & Natural Resources has pushed back the
June 5 public hearing on a rule revision to allow concealed carry in state
parks. The department is trying to hold one hearing on about 15-20 proposed
rule changes at the same time, and while there is no apparent problem with
our issue, some of the others proposals are taking longer than anticipated
to draft and vet. I will keep you posted, but we're probably looking at
mid-to late-July for a hearing now.

Thanks,
Tara Mica
NRA-ILA State Liaison
512-636-9314

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Mexico only had a few signed agreements. They just listed states they would honor per their laws and it didn't matter if the other state honored them. They did not add South Carolina and Kentucky back on their list of states they honor when they revised their list May 1. They did add most of them back.

·
Administrator
39,372 Posts
I hope all this doesn't cause a lot of confusion among the New Mexico police officers in the field. Maybe they won't have any notification, of any of these changes back and forth, until the issues are entirely settled.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thank you for the great information guys.

PT1911B1 24/7G245 709

Man is the only kind of varmint who sets his own trap, baits it, then steps on it. - Steinbeck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts