Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
39,711 Posts
It used to be unlawful to carry two at a time. I carried my old one until it expired, then got out the new one. May still be that way.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The letter that came with mine said to immediately destroy my old one , so i did as mentioned in letter . But my old one still had my young picture from 15 yrs ago when i had more hair , a mustache , and 70 lbs lighter because last time i renewed my DLs’ they didn’t take a new picture of me cause they said only every other time was required . So didn’t have to renew DLs’ until my BD which came 9 months after i got my CHL . Now my new LTC has my old pict which matches my DL . Everything goes down hill after 50 ..... :( :( !

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was afraid I lost my most recent LTC a few months ago. I went on line and reported it lost or stolen and about eight days later had a new one in the mailbox. Of course that meant I found the old one the next day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The letter that came with mine said to immediately destroy my old one , so i did as mentioned in letter . But my old one still had my young picture from 15 yrs ago when i had more hair , a mustache , and 70 lbs lighter because last time i renewed my DLs’ they didn’t take a new picture of me cause they said only every other time was required . So didn’t have to renew DLs’ until my BD which came 9 months after i got my CHL . Now my new LTC has my old pict which matches my DL . Everything goes down hill after 50 ..... :( :( !
LOL! You have no idea what awaits you in your 60's and 70's.

·
Super Moderator
19,746 Posts
Does your state limit your firearm carriage to a finite number or a specific model?

In Ga., no limit to how many weapons you can carry and your GWCL is good for which ever gun(s) you want to carry.

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Does your state limit your firearm carriage to a finite number or a specific model?

In Ga., no limit to how many weapons you can carry and your GWCL is good for which ever gun(s) you want to carry.

One of the wackiest laws, now changed, was the TX permit where they had it if a person qualified with a revolver they were only able to carry a wheel gun.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve check mine out and I don’t see any restrictions whatsoever . Use to that wheel gun law was a fact and i want to say they did away with that law but honestly without looking it up I don’t know if they changed that or not .

·
Administrator
39,711 Posts
I’ve check mine out and I don’t see any restrictions whatsoever . Use to that wheel gun law was a fact and i want to say they did away with that law but honestly without looking it up I don’t know if they changed that or not .
Yep. It was revised a few years ago. Qualify with either and carry either.

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I just got my license about a week ago. For the longest time I got by with open carry, but now that I own a Ruger LCP which is so ridiculously concealable that it would be a challenge to attempt open carry with it and the ever-growing negativity towards open carry, I decided to get my "License to Carry Concealed Firearm" as it is known in my state.

Thankfully, it was MUCH faster and simpler than I had assumed it would be, so it amounted to a simple in-and-out procedure in which I stepped inside the building, filled out a single sheet of paper with basic information, handed it to a woman at a desk with a $20 bill, sat in a chair as she took an extremely pixelated photo of me that I'm honestly surprised could even pass as a form of identification, then went on my merry way.
I can't believe that these licenses are valid for 5 whole years when I have to renew my ID every 4 years, which tends to be much more of a hassle because of the wait as well as the amount of fussing the DMV does over the photo, and it costs twice as much.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
One of the wackiest laws, now changed, was the TX permit where they had it if a person qualified with a revolver they were only able to carry a wheel gun.
WHAAAAAAAAA??? Never heard of that before! Guess I'd have to hold a semi-auto in one hand, and a revolver in the other to qualify. :p

·
Registered
502 Posts
WHAAAAAAAAA??? Never heard of that before! Guess I'd have to hold a semi-auto in one hand, and a revolver in the other to qualify. :p
It was even sillier. If you qualified with a semi-automatic you could also carry a revolver. But if you qualified with a revolver you could not carry a semi-automatic.

·
Registered
36,318 Posts

Exactly, and why I can carry these all at one time!
I am just slightly Paranoid.

Attachments

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
It was even sillier. If you qualified with a semi-automatic you could also carry a revolver. But if you qualified with a revolver you could not carry a semi-automatic.
well IF you think about that it makes perfect sense!
We all know that semi auto shooters are much. much smarter than revolver shooters!

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
That ;aw was strange, if you qualified with a semi- auto it covered both types of guns, However if you qualified with a wheel gun that was al that the permit covered.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That ;aw was strange, if you qualified with a semi- auto it covered both types of guns, However if you qualified with a wheel gun that was al that the permit covered.

It was all about politics....................

1 - 20 of 35 Posts