Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember about two years ago when a neighbor spat erupted in gunfire? Here's a refresher:

Man on lawnmower had charge reduced to misdemeanor and was sentenced to time served.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2018/01/05/feuding-johnson-county-neighbor-sentenced-time-served/1006935001/

So they shook hands and became best of friends.

C'mon, guys. They don't live in Disneyland.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/crime-watch-8/police-called-to-greenwood-neighbors-again-a-year-after-lawnmower-shooting-incident/1405262866

I predict only one way for this one to end.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
Am I reading that right? Guy waves his handgun in the air, neighbor shoots him in the chest and it's ruled self defense for the shooter?

Just went through the video news story. We don't hear if the shootee made verbal threats like...I am going to shoot your butt...when he displayed the firearm.

Seem pretty convenient that the shooter had a video camera running at the exact time of the incident. Weird angle also...was the Go Pro camera in the shooter's DOG?

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I reading that right? Guy waves his handgun in the air, neighbor shoots him in the chest and it's ruled self defense for the shooter?

Just went through the video news story. We don't hear if the shootee made verbal threats like...I am going to shoot your butt...when he displayed the firearm.

Seem pretty convenient that the shooter had a video camera running at the exact time of the incident. Weird angle also...was the Go Pro camera in the shooter's DOG?
Don't know I would wait to see if the man on the lawnmower was going to shoot or how well he can shoot.

Here's the original thread. There are links in the posts that give additional information on the history between the two. This wasn't their first rodeo.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firing-line/306985-fireman-shoots-neighbor.html

·
Registered
18,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
I'm still working on the man that got hit 4 times in the chest and got up and walked away. What was the other guy shooting?
That occurred to me also...that is one tough SOB. Makes me re-think calibers that don't start with a 4 and end with either a 4 or a 5. It sounds like he was hit center mass.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
After backing up on the lawnmower the guy pulled out a gun and then extended his gun hand towards the firefighter. That would have been enough for me. Thank God he had the video on his side.

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
After backing up on the lawnmower the guy pulled out a gun and then extended his gun hand towards the firefighter. That would have been enough for me. Thank God he had the video on his side.
It makes me wonder if we all need to wear body cams when out in the public arena.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gee, and here I thought it was a lawnmower that did the shooting...

(Remember, I'm new here!)

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I'm still working on the man that got hit 4 times in the chest and got up and walked away. What was the other guy shooting?
well it didn't tear his arm off so it couldn't have been a 38 Spl!!
likely another black powder caliber !

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
That occurred to me also...that is one tough SOB. Makes me re-think calibers that don't start with a 4 and end with either a 4 or a 5. It sounds like he was hit center mass.

Bullet resistive Golf Shirt likely!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
would / could this possibly be considered a POLISH Drive BY???
don't mess wiff no Firefighter, I mean after all they run INTO burning Buildings, that should tell ya a lot about their thought process!

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Does the shooter feel he is in jeopardy of eminent bodily harm? That's the test, and beyond shadow of a doubt is the prosecutions burden.

Now, if I saw Ricky with a lawnmower, I'd feel threatened, and I'm not even a blade of grass!

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
well it didn't tear his arm off so it couldn't have been a 38 Spl!!
likely another black powder caliber !

I have several BP revolvers whose caliber starts with a 4. One of 'em even has a .45ACP conversion cylinder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts