Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've had the 45 model on my wish list at Bud's for awhile, they sent me an email today statin"

"You requested to be notified when the Taurus 345161CTG2 45ACP Rifle was back in stock. Unfortunately, Taurus has notified us that this gun has actually been discontinued.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Another one "bites the dust".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Masterpiece Arms Defender

Hey guys I've had the 45 model on my wish list at Bud's for awhile, they sent me an email today statin"

"You requested to be notified when the Taurus 345161CTG2 45ACP Rifle was back in stock. Unfortunately, Taurus has notified us that this gun has actually been discontinued.
I was wanting one but then I found a Masterpiece Arms Defender
https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=34

Weights about the same as the Taurus carbine but uses 30 round M3 Grease Gun magazines.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guys, I just spoke to a Taurus's Customer Service rep and while the .45 does appear to be discontinued, the 9mm and .40cal are still going to be produced. So, while I agree that a .45 carbine from Taurus would've been awesome, a .40 cal is pretty darn close. I just want to see one in person before I commit to buying one, but that will probably be a few months according to the rep I spoke to.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does anyone have any update on the Taurus Carbines? They show up online everywhere - CTD, Able, Hyatt, etc - and even on Taurus' site. (page 12 of their 2012 catalog)
carbine.jpg
Does Taurus have a schedule for releasing their carbines or anything? Does anyone KNOW?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Crazy how something can be discontinued before it even makes it to us! :eek: I am with dsmith on this one -- I would rather have the MPA .45!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts