Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They are planning a vote for Friday March 2nd, 2018.

Even if you don't live in Florida take the time to email them and be sure to let them know if they pass this bill you will not bring your tourist dollars to Florida. Tourist dollars are a big part of Florida's income. Tourist dollars speak volumes.

Copy and paste the email addresses below and get that email sent tonight.

In the subject put: VOTE NO ON GUN CONTROL – Vote Against SB-7026

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Glad to help. Sent to one and all!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
You have my support! My mother lived in Florida for a time and has nothing but positive things to say about her time there, so I've always wanted to go on vacation there and quite possibly even retire there.

Here's a copy of the e-mail I've been sending out;
Hello,

I am not currently a resident of Florida, but I have planned on going on vacation in the Sunshine State at my next available opportunity and quite possibly eventually retiring there, ergo recent proposals in regards to Gun Control have caught my attention. Being an avid supporter of the Second Amendment as well as a Firearms Enthusiast who enjoys recreational shooting, the possibility of such laws being enacted has concerned me greatly and would certainly influence my decision to make Florida my next vacation destination as well as my eventual home, therefore I strongly suggest that you vote Against SB-7026 for the sake of not only myself, but other Second Amendment Supporters/Firearms Enthusiasts who may wish to vacation or settle down in the Sunshine State, and especially those who already reside there.

Sincerely,
[Redacted]
Hopefully that will get their attention!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like the pushed the vote to today, Saturday 03/03/2018, not sure if this is good or bad. I'm thinking if they keep pushing it they may not have the votes to pass it.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
"Assault weapons" ban amendment is OUT...armed teachers allowed in classrooms is IN!! I believe raising age to purchase long guns to 21 is also in...there should be an amendment to raise the age to own a smartphone to 21 and raising the age to vote to 21!! If you are not mature enough to own a firearm before turning 21, you're not mature enough to be voting or having a smartphone so you can vegetate on social media!!

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Not all that happy about raising the age, but God help them if they ever want to reinstitute the draft for anyone under 21. The left would never allow the voting age to be raised.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that almost 100% of those carping about how bad having armed teachers in the classroom are Liberals who do not want ANYONE to have any weapon. And the parents that are also carping about how much they do not want to have armed teachers in the classroom are also Liberals. The major obstacle to solving the problem of mass shootings in schools is Liberals. They administer the school districts, teach in the schools, and teach their children how evil all guns are.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts