Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p In my ongoing quest to own unpopular and downtrodden weapons (particularly Charter and Taurus), I took the Charter 2000 Bulldog Pug .357mag to the range Sunday. The gun shot extremly well with the 2 boxes of .38 special 158gr LRN that I fired through it. I don't usually shoot anything but .38+p or .357 mag in either 125 or 135gr, but had heard so much about how accurate the 158 gr .38s were that I thought I'd give them a try. The fact that I found them at Sportsmans Warehouse here for $9.00 a box didn't hurt either. :D I also did make one mod to the snubbie by painting the front blade sight with some pink flouresent paint and out lined the rear with the same. Helped a bunch in the indoor range.
At 7 and 20 yds, the gun fired point of aim when I did my part, and the groups stayed at around 2-3" and that is good enough for me. I think I'd do better outside, because I still have a little trouble with seeing the sights indoors. Up close and personal (about 5'), double action, with point shooting, the groups were all in the x ring or the next one out on a B27 target. I now have somewhere around 800 rounds through this little cannon and have had no problems at all. Pretty smooth trigger in double action and nice and light in single. Great little gun and also has a warrenty like Taurus. The factory porting is a great help in tameing muzzle jump. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem. I don't think this gun is quite as well made as the Taurus, but it runs in about the same price range and is a good little carry gun and a pretty good shooter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Qwiks. Personally, I'd just as soon Charter doesn't get real popular. I like the price low price. I do notice that you don't see many used, though. A couple of crusty old LEOs I know still carry a .44 Bulldog since retirement. With what I paid for mine, I don't have to worry about scratches and such either.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taurus_9mm,
Speaking of gun bashing, I wonder how many Kel-Tec bashers will run out and buy the new Ruger .380 they copied from KT. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taurus 9mm,
Here's another. I said I'd won't get another .380, but the little KT saw the little Ruger and fell in love. :rolleyes: Said it needs a companion. :eek: Guess I'll just have to get one whenever they show up around here. :D
By the way, does anyone elses guns talk them into buying other guns???

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like Kelgers....maybe it would be a bouncing baby .32. My Tracker wants to get rid of the PT-1911 and get a .38 snubbie so it can be top dog again. I told it to get over it. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.