Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p In my ongoing quest to own unpopular and downtrodden weapons (particularly Charter and Taurus), I took the Charter 2000 Bulldog Pug .357mag to the range Sunday. The gun shot extremly well with the 2 boxes of .38 special 158gr LRN that I fired through it. I don't usually shoot anything but .38+p or .357 mag in either 125 or 135gr, but had heard so much about how accurate the 158 gr .38s were that I thought I'd give them a try. The fact that I found them at Sportsmans Warehouse here for $9.00 a box didn't hurt either. :D I also did make one mod to the snubbie by painting the front blade sight with some pink flouresent paint and out lined the rear with the same. Helped a bunch in the indoor range.
At 7 and 20 yds, the gun fired point of aim when I did my part, and the groups stayed at around 2-3" and that is good enough for me. I think I'd do better outside, because I still have a little trouble with seeing the sights indoors. Up close and personal (about 5'), double action, with point shooting, the groups were all in the x ring or the next one out on a B27 target. I now have somewhere around 800 rounds through this little cannon and have had no problems at all. Pretty smooth trigger in double action and nice and light in single. Great little gun and also has a warrenty like Taurus. The factory porting is a great help in tameing muzzle jump. :)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Steelheart

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. I don't think this gun is quite as well made as the Taurus, but it runs in about the same price range and is a good little carry gun and a pretty good shooter.

·
32,619 Posts
Charter 2000s have been taking a beating at the larger gun forums.
Have to take it at times with a grain of salt. Actual users sometimes post at the bigger forums, but usually get run over by the trolls or others.

Not fair to say the least.

The few look ats and handling that I have been able to do bear out what Funshooter is saying.
Older versions that a few others had that were at the range a decade or so ago liked their revolvers and thought highly of them. As pointed out these are not finely finished guns, but the Charters ge the job done.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Qwiks. Personally, I'd just as soon Charter doesn't get real popular. I like the price low price. I do notice that you don't see many used, though. A couple of crusty old LEOs I know still carry a .44 Bulldog since retirement. With what I paid for mine, I don't have to worry about scratches and such either.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
True enough guys. Charter Arms gets roughly zero respect from what I've seen on TFL. Of course there are some there who will bash anything that isn't their pet brand.

Bersa, Taurus and even Ruger's autoloaders draw criticism from some there. Though often the ones who are crying the loudest and criticizing the harshest are also the ones who have zero experience with the make or model they're heaping scorn upon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taurus_9mm,
Speaking of gun bashing, I wonder how many Kel-Tec bashers will run out and buy the new Ruger .380 they copied from KT. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Funshooter said:
Taurus_9mm,
Speaking of gun bashing, I wonder how many Kel-Tec bashers will run out and buy the new Ruger .380 they copied from KT. :)
One for certain. This was a poster I saw on another forum who blasted Kel-Tecs but couldn't wait to get his hands on a LCP.

This link http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=1376.msg12524;topicseen#new says there were 87,000 of the LCPs sold in a 5 day span. I would think out of those numbers, there are few more who will join the rank of the other person I mentioned.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taurus 9mm,
Here's another. I said I'd won't get another .380, but the little KT saw the little Ruger and fell in love. :rolleyes: Said it needs a companion. :eek: Guess I'll just have to get one whenever they show up around here. :D
By the way, does anyone elses guns talk them into buying other guns???

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Funshooter said:
Taurus 9mm,
Here's another. I said I'd won't get another .380, but the little KT saw the little Ruger and fell in love. :rolleyes: Said it needs a companion. :eek: Guess I'll just have to get one whenever they show up around here. :D
Maybe the Kel-Tec and Ruger could have offspring. Little RugTecs.. or Kelgers.. hehe But they'd only be .22s, not .380s. LOL

Well my PT92 wants a companion PT92, My PT1911 wants the stainless PT1911 and my Raging Bull .500 wants a Raging Bull .44 Magnum as a friend. And guess what? They're all going to get their wishes too. :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like Kelgers....maybe it would be a bouncing baby .32. My Tracker wants to get rid of the PT-1911 and get a .38 snubbie so it can be top dog again. I told it to get over it. 8)

·
Registered
52 Posts
my wife carries a keltec 380.it is very reliable and small.i guess some people will buy the name but the gun is just a bullet delivery system.i like inexpensive ( not cheap ) weapons
but i make sure i fed it the best ammo i can afford.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Funshooter said:
I sometimes wonder if my guns are jealous of each other. As in, "he carried you ALL last week--biatch!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts