Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here and to the Taurus weapon line.
Today I visited a local 'fun shop' near where I live in Alabama to fondle a Taurus 24/7 to see if it is a weapon I would like to own. I was impressed with the feel,fit,form and function. All the bells and whistles, and I'm a bells and whistles kinda guy.
The model I looked at was a 24/7 9mm,not the Pro. It had the 3 point system and not the Straight 8 sights. They are asking $398 OTD. Good price?
My question is, is this model DAO or DA/SA?
Is there a model number for this as far as you can tell from the info I've given?
I didn't think to look at the model number or ask.
Any input or information I can get will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
35,412 Posts
The 24/7 is a very ergonomic gun, feels great in the hand. It also shoots well, although you need to be aware that there have been issues with the .45 cal - feed failures, misfires in SOME not all - brand new, right out of the box. I know - I own one like this. Time will tell if it's just a matter of breaking it in, or if I need to consult Taurus customer service. I don't know much about the old 24/7 but 398.00 seems steep to me - here in Texas, at Academy Sports, I paid 340.00 for my 24/7 pro. But I've seen prices from 320 - 400 listed in this forum, so maybe it's not out of line. I would think you could get a Pro for this kind of money though. For the trigger pull, that's not an easy question to answer in a forum - to go www.taurususa.com and view the video they have on th 24/7 line - they do a good job of explaining how it works. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pistol I looked at was not the Pro. The $398 was taxes and all. Is that still too high? The one I'm thinking about getting is the 9mm due to lower priced ammo. I'm sure I oculd get it off of the net for less, but with FFL fees and taxes would it really be that much cheaper?
I kinda like to hold it when I pay for it instead of hanging out by the mailbox for days on end. I guess if I can find it on the net for MUCH lower I could possibly wait.
What are the model numbers of the 24/7s that are not the Pro,just regular 24/7s?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tinmann, $398 seems high to me too. Check this one out:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90382787

Last price I saw was $231!!! :eek: It a No Reserve auction & the auction ends tomorrow, so if this is want you want, please bid now, or I am going to, and I can't afford it right now, or so my wife says. :mad: It's too good of a deal to pass up, unless the snipers come in at the last minute.

Here's the description:
You are bidding on a Brand New Taurus PT 24/7 9mm pistol. This pistol has been in our display case for a few months so it may have some tiny surface scratches or marks. However, it has never been sold or fired !! Comes 100% complete with Box, papers, etc. Please ask any questions BEFORE bidding. Shipping & Ins. is $25.00 in the main 48. Money orders ship at once. Checks must clear (14 days). All firearms will only be shipped to a Federally Licensed Firearms dealer! Some firearms and accessories we sell are not legal in every state. Check your local laws before bidding. WARRANTY INFORMATION: All guns are warranted by their respective manufacturers ONLY. This applies to brand new guns as well as used ones. This is standard for the industry. Thanks

Good Luck! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts