Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Mesquite gun show today with my buddy, to help him pick out a good AR-15. I thought I might pick up some reloading supplies, if the price was right, but I wasn't really in shopping mode. After taking a break from AR's, we were looking at a vendor's handguns and I ran across a S&W M&P in .40 S&W. It's a full sized gun, and it looked like it might have been previously owned, but it was in terrific shape. I was stunned to see a price tag of $310 on the gun.

I've been saying out loud for a while that I need a good 40 cal gun because I've never had a gun in that caliber, and if the only ammo I could get my hands on was 40 cal, I'd be out of luck. So, I've had it in the back of my mind to keep an eye out for one of these. Luckily, the finance department (my wife) had texted me earlier in the day to buy something if I wanted to. After confirming with her that this amount was okay, I paid for the gun and it was mine. It came with two 15 round mags, and 3 different backstraps. As I said before, it looks like it's hardly ever been fired and I can't wait to get it to the range. I'm not sure at this point if I will carry it, or if it will just be a range gun, but this gun was meant to be carried, that much I know. I may at some point order a holster and an extra mag so I can carry it when I want to. Can't wait to shoot it !

And now, some pics....

-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Nice pistol at a good price! Which blackstrap ya gonna go with? In my full size pistols I usually go with the middle sized one.

To Car_Doc: Most folk might be surprised by my most carried 40 cal is my old 3rd Generation PT140 MilPros.

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The middle sized one is on there now, I will probably put the large one on and see how it feels. It will be between the two.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Sweet Deal! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Have heard great things about the S&W M&P line. The closest thing I have to that is my S&W SW9VE, which I like quite a bit.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Eh I would have passed, I have had 2 No Luck. But Others have found them a dream Good Luck may it serve well

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Awesome find. There are plenty of police departments that use those. I was in the same boat with 40 until I bought my Hi-Point 4095, couldn't be happier with that decision.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,032 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol...It looks like an expanded version of my Shield and I like my Shield a LOT!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Nice pistol at a good price! Which blackstrap ya gonna go with? In my full size pistols I usually go with the middle sized one.

To Car_Doc: Most folk might be surprised by my most carried 40 cal is my old 3rd Generation PT140 MilPros.
My Springfield XDE .45 is.way less flippy???.So that's my go.to carry. I like.my PT140, I just like.it a lot.less since I bought the XDE.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, congrast.

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just realized that I could buy a 357 SIG barrel and have a gun that I can convert to that caliber. I might think about that sometime, I love having options.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
I just realized that I could buy a 357 SIG barrel and have a gun that I can convert to that caliber. I might think about that sometime, I love having options.
How come nobuddy is ever looking for a 45 GAP swap barrel???------

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a fantastic deal. You're going to love that gun. I've fired one before and it's similar to my Springfield XDM 40, which I love.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts