Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Uncle Mike's slip on grips for their PT-145 Pro? Which size and how do you like them?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have never used the Uncle Mikes grip, But I do have a Pachmayr Slip On on my PT-145. I really like the feel much better than the factory square checkering.

·
Registered
390 Posts
tex45acp said:
I have never used the Uncle Mikes grip, But I do have a Pachmayr Slip On on my PT-145. I really like the feel much better than the factory square checkering.
Is that a #3 or #4? (looks like too many finger grooves for #4, but I had heard #3 was too big...)

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I have the Pt-111 Pro. (I assume the grip is same size)
No store bought grips, but I did cut up a bicycle tube and slip over the grip. It works great.
My grips were so rough that I could not handle the gun much. I did question around about grips, but could not find any locally. I read a post on this forum that suggested the bicycle inner tube. So, I tried it....first attempt worked out perfect. Its a stretch (hehe) to get them on... but it makes for a smooth and non-slip and soft grip.
Of course, a rubber grip specifically made for it may be better.

Sorry....I am not computer literate enough to do pics...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well, I hope its a #3 because that's what I just bought... :)

·
Administrator
18,111 Posts
Hogue Handall Junior on Cimarron's PT145

Needed a little trimming, but it works.

·
Registered
390 Posts
TRX450R_Racer said:
Did they fit?
Sorry. Forgot about this post...

They were a bit too long, and required a bit of trimming, but yes, they fit now, and are very comfortable (no more digging into my hands like the stock grip did)...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts