Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uncle Mike's Reflex Holster size for 24/7? Or SafariLand

I'm getting started in IDPA and the only holster I have so far is the blackhawk serpa which I love but has mixed reviews for competition use because of the retention button. Other than that, I'm very happy with the way it holds the gun by the trigger guard rather than squeezing on the slide/frame. It is my understanding that a majority of people use kydex holsters and just accept the wear that kydex will put on the slide/frame. Although some have good points that the finish is not what is important for a gun, my guns were bought new and I generally like to take care of my stuff so it remains looking nice, or as nice as realistically possible. So I'd like to avoid kydex if possible. I am aware of the option of removing the retention feature of the blackhawk serpa holster, but I'd rather leave that as a last resort if I can find another holster.

That being said, I'd like to find a holster that will preserve the finish of my gun for as long as possible. Also note that this gun is not a concealed carry gun and isn't carried daily so holster wear is not something that "is going to happen anyway". I think holding the gun by the trigger guard is a great way to hold it in the holster without scratching any of the slide, and if the trigger guard does get scratched, i can live with that since it's a small and relatively inconspicuous location.

I came across this holster by Uncle Mike's that appears to have a similar fit to the blackhawk serpa where the slide doesn't seem to have a lot of contact with the plastic housing, and the friction is on the trigger guard. Uncle Mike's - The Leader in Shooting Accessories
on that page, taurus 24/7 is the first gun listed in the chart. however on the shopping page, it only gives options for size 21 and 22 and the fit chart link is broken.

So, anyone know what size would fit a 24/7 pro DS (not G2)? And can anyone confirm if the fit is similar to the blackhawk serpa and will minimize contact/wear on the slide?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some further searching and I've come across the SafariLand model 5198 holster. They seem to have a suede lining on the inside of their SafariLaminate holsters from what I can tell, but haven't seen this one for Taurus 24/7. Anyone know if one for a different gun will fit?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.