Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my purchase for a new shotgun and I went with the Maverick 88. Had my LGS match the price of BudsGunShop. Brought the puppy home and tried to disassemble to get the packing grease out and....unable to remove the trigger assembly. EERRRGGHHH!! Looked at videos on YouTube and there aren't any special movements. Just remove the pin and pull out. NOPE! Not with mine. Anyone else have this issue with their Mossberg 500 for the first time cleaning or any other SG similar? Do I even need to bother? I removed the barrel and cleaned that and cleaned the receiver as good as Ii could. Looking for your insights.

Thanks in advance!!

Also, I had tried doing a search and couldn't find, but if there is a post already please refer me to that one. Thanks!

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts

The guy in this video uses a headphone jack adapter, it looks like.....if you can't get it to move, I would suggest a skinny wood dowel and tapping it with a hammer. Looks like you need to rack the slide to the rearward position (open chamber) to do this, or at least it looks like that in the video.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I've got one of those, and its been great so far. Havent tried to tear down that far, didn't know I needed to? Hope everything comes out for you, literally!! Merry Christmas and VOTE in 2012!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts