Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The White House Correspondent's Association awarded CNN for their coverage of the pre-dawn raid and arrest of Roger Stone. Remember, back in January last year, the 29 or so heavily armed SWAT type type people who descended upon Stone's house and arresting him when he answered the door in his boxers and robe.

I have lost what little nugget of respect I might have for any journalistic integrity over the past few years. I think a more interesting story would be an article discussing who and how CNN was tipped off, how much lead time was given so cameramen could be set up accordingly!

And the litany of Pulitzers awarded over the past 2-3 years for their coverage of "Russiagate" to outlets like NY Times, WaPo, CNN. Do all those pulitzers now automatically revert to "Awards for works of Fiction"? The facts included supposedly supportive of wrongdoing have all been debunked and theories proven incorrect. Does a Pulitzer have a revoke clause? Like when Reggie Bush had to return his Heisman trophy when USC was found to be afoul of NCAA rules.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
The White House Correspondent's Association awarded CNN for their coverage of the pre-dawn raid and arrest of Roger Stone. Remember, back in January last year, the 29 or so heavily armed SWAT type type people who descended upon Stone's house and arresting him when he answered the door in his boxers and robe.

I have lost what little nugget of respect I might have for any journalistic integrity over the past few years. I think a more interesting story would be an article discussing who and how CNN was tipped off, how much lead time was given so cameramen could be set up accordingly!

And the litany of Pulitzers awarded over the past 2-3 years for their coverage of "Russiagate" to outlets like NY Times, WaPo, CNN. Do all those pulitzers now automatically revert to "Awards for works of Fiction"? The facts included supposedly supportive of wrongdoing have all been debunked and theories proven incorrect. Does a Pulitzer have a revoke clause? Like when Reggie Bush had to return his Heisman trophy when USC was found to be afoul of NCAA rules.
i haven't forgotten '04. USC's National Championship was vacated due to the Reggie Bush scandal.

How do I know this?

Because it came down to Oklahoma, USC and Auburn that year as the only undefeated teams in major conferences (Utah and Boise State were undefeated but that was in the Mountain West and the WAC) and they decided to have Oklahoma play USC for the National Championship.

Based on the play of either USC or Oklahoma in the NC game, I figure that Auburn could have taken either one of them. With the defense Auburn had that year? Neither one of them were going to pull it off.

We finished 13-0 including wins against at least 4 Top 20 ranked teams (3 in Conference), and ranked #2, by beating Virginia Tech as a consolation prize.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
All of those industry awards are just self aggrandizing, self congratulating circle jerks, mutual back patting contests and participation trophies for the far left.
Emmys, Oscars, Pulitzers, Murrow Awards, Tony's, Globe Awards, even the non-science Nobel Awards.
They only give them to the beautiful people with the correctly PC group-think "woke" mindset anyway, so who really cares who wins?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
And the Liberal Media wonders why no one is reading a newspaper anymore, nor watching their 'talking heads' tell us how to think anymore.
The Liberal Media is its own worst enemy, and is not smart enough to recognize it.
And as the OP's post states, they reward their own recklessness and lack of journalistic integrity.

·
Super Moderator
13,763 Posts
I guess the liberal media really believes the stuff if creates, both and after it is printed and/or reported. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
I guess the liberal media really believes the stuff if creates, both and after it is printed and/or reported. :icon_rolleyes:
It still has value to line bird cages! :)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The days of Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner and David Brinkley are long since over.
Today most "journalists" are nothing more than bad standup comedians- failed actress/actor/model wannabees, they are hired for their looks, photogenics and ability to hold the attention of People with almost zero attention span.
They are required by the networks to corrupt every report by inserting left wing Personal opinion and disguise or completely remove the facts.

·
21,928 Posts
I believe that is the problem the liberal press actually believe what they print.
Which thankfully helped Hillary LOSE in 2016.

Back to the OP, I'd say prizes for fiction writing would be more appropriate, but they can't even write well!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Next year they will win for best bankruptcy. Comrade Communication Network will go under.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts