Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my Torch in for repair due to light strikes, but a round which had failed to fire not only had a dented primer but also has a dent in the nose of the bullet. A "smiley." Its the same problem Ruger LCPs used to have and couldn't repair because it was a design flaw. I don't know if Ruger ever solved it because I lost interest and sold when they couldn't fix mine.

It only happens during actual firing. What happens is upon firing a round, the barrel comes back and the ramp dents the nose of the top bullet in the mag. It goes unnoticed because that bullet goes into the chamber and is fired next. Unless you stop firing and eject the round in the chamber you never see it. But its not good.
bullet.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
In the 2nd pic it looks like it's sticking its tongue out at us!

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Well isn't that specail!
Friendly Bullets!
are these from a kalifornia manufacture??
sure that doesn't help ballistic coefficient, but of course its a close rnage weapon, as long as it don't drive the projectile back into the case or out of line with the bore so it will not chamber.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
What misPhyr said. Safety has to be first, last, and everything in between with firearms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is it "not good?" Is the round still accurate at its intended range?
OK, some guys knew their LCPs made smilies and just accepted it. Personally I wouldn't knowingly the bang nose of a bullet hard with a sharp object just before loading it in the chamber.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
OK, some guys knew their LCPs made smilies and just accepted it. Personally I wouldn't knowingly the bang nose of a bullet hard with a sharp object just before loading it in the chamber.

OK ,let me get this right!
so are you saying me taking a big nail and driving it into my flat point bullets to make them hollow points is NOT a good idea?---:slap:

Reactions: Slowburn

·
Registered
997 Posts
OK ,let me get this right!
so are you saying me taking a big nail and driving it into my flat point bullets to make them hollow points is NOT a good idea?---:slap:
It's perfectly fine....as long as you are reloading and do it prior to setting the bullet in the casing....:icon_mrgreen:

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
It's perfectly fine....as long as you are reloading and do it prior to setting the bullet in the casing....:icon_mrgreen:
NOW you tell me that little tid bit!
like where were you 10,000 rounds ago?-------

·
Super Moderator
40,653 Posts
What was the result of sending in the gun for repair?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts