Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man went out today and fired 50 rounds through my brand new 24/7 in a 40 cal. Man it was great. Love the trigger pull, thing was smooth like it was sliding on bearings. Get home strip it down for a good cleaning, get it put back together and pull the slide back to put the retention pin back in and.....SNAP! :eek: The recoil spring thing breaks and the spring is sticking out of the front of the pistol. :'( Have to call Taurus tomorrow and see what they can do. Can't for the life of me figure out what happened. I have a pt111 and never had a problem cleaning and reassembling it. Was great to shoot though. Now I can't decide if I should get another one in a 45 or get a mil/pro in a 45. :p Beautiful gun when the spring was contained in it. Any thoughts????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that...look on the bright side, you weren't shooting it at the time, who know what could happen if that was the case.

I just picked up a 24/7 in 9mm a couple of weeks ago. Have taken it out twice with 150 rounds each times and striped it down after each use, no problems at all (knock on wood).

Sounds like a fluke, most problems I hear about on here have to do with mag. and sight issues. Just my 2 cents. Atleast you know it will and forever can get replaced!

·
Registered
116 Posts
dude that sucks...on that note it has happend before to some tho never myself my 9mm still going strong 4500+ bullets. Yeah call Taurus about it they should send you another one free of charge id ask for 2 and emphasize thats its a .40cal they been known to send people wrong parts. Check this guy out he can make you a stainless steel guide rod dont know how much he charges but worth a look http://bedair.org/P226/Guiderod22.html

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called them this morning and sent back the broken piece. Customer service was very nice and the wait on the phone was only about 10 sec. to talk to a real person. Hopefully it won't take too long. Wrote them a letter with the serial number and caliber in it, so hopefully they will send me the correct part.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well an update. I called today 1 day short of a week after thay have received it an they havent checked in the mail form last week yet. They will check in all the mail received last week on fri. From then it should be 2 weeks. hmmmm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stay on them, they have a tendency to "forget" orders. I have had that happen to me twice. From what Taurus was telling me a while back, the problem was that some of the slides opening for the recoil spring, was machined wrong and the replacement spring assembly will have a washer on it to prevent your situation.

I ordered the updated spring a while back and they sent me the same type I already have. I called and ordered again on January 2, still no spring. Called on January 22 and they had no record of shipping it out. So they did the order again. Time will tell :-\ and just for the record, I've got hundreds and hundreds of flawless rounds through my 3rd generation pt-145, great weapon! I just ordered the newer style spring just in case it was needed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had the very same problem with my 9mm. After calling them and sending it back it took a total of 6 weeks for the replacement spring assy. I was a little peaved that they have to have the failed part before sending the replacement in a 4 month old gun. I have it back together and so far so good. On a good note they did send the correct part and every time I called I spoke to someone very quickly that spoke good english.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking of ordering a stainless steel assembly anyone ordered one or know anything about them? It would not be through taurus of course, but a machine shop.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just got my PT111 back for the same problem. I sent the gun in on 11/25/07 and got it back 01/16/08. Just short of 8 wks. The local range smith said he'd had several PTs and 24/7s come in with the same problem, but none came back after the factory rebuilt them. Mine has almost 200 rounds through it and no more problems so far.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the assembly came in the mail yesterday. They received it from me on 1/29 I received the replacement part on 2/4. Pretty quick turnaround if you ask me. Part fit fine and works as far as I can tell just from sliding it by hand.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I am starting to thing I am one of the luckiest people in the world, because of all the flawless Taurus pistols I have owned over the years and the ones I current own. Never a single fart, hicup, glitch or anything else...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just sent my 24/7 pro 45 back to taurus today. Have had it for about 1 month and I am getting at 2 out of every 12 not firing. Light hits on the primer. Customer service, which was very nice told me to send it back. Sounded like the firing pin is to short or something with the springs i was told. Hopefully I will get it back in 8 weeks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my buddy had the same problem with his about 3 months ago. he got his back in a fair amount of time. no problems with mine. yet. but ive been looking to replace the stock recoil rod with a stainless version. thanks for the link ZEMUS. been looking for awhile now. you may have solved the problem. regardless of the price, i think it will be better in the long run to go ahead and replace it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts