Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to suppress this memory but it still keeps coming back to haunt Me.
In the early 1980s I went camping with My Family at Iron Bridge Park along the Leon River near Ft. Hood Texas I was about 18 years old at the time, one morning I decided to go fishing and took a couple of rods and My tackle box and proceeded to walk up the river channel.
When the bank became too steep to walk along I climbed up the bank and was going to cross a fence into a pasture and rejoin the river channel where the bank wasn't so steep.
As I stepped out from the tree line I looked into the distance and about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away I saw a squadron of maybe 6 Apache attack Helicopters which were brand new at the time and the cutting edge of technology.
I looked up at the top of the tree line and I saw maybe 3 or 4 small oval shaped craft 3 to 4 feet in length shiny silver with a bunch of flat surfaces that seemed to be shadowing the helicopters, I immediately went numb from shock, I stepped back and put My back against the nearest tree and stayed there for probably about 2 to 3 hours.
When I finally got My nerve up I walked back to camp and didn't go beyond eyesight of camp for the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Shame they didn't have cell phone cameras back then. You can bet those helicopters recorded them.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I've seen enough UFO's in my time.

The first encounter was in 1977. I was staying at an aunt's house north of Seattle. Heard a rather ominous hum, looked out the window to the west, and saw what looked like a flying doobie come over the house heading east. Looked out the east windows, and saw a brilliant light show of multiple craft. NO WAY was this explainable as any aircraft I knew at the time.

Saw my next UFO in 1978 out the south facing bedroom window at the house I lived at in Oregon. A bright center light with rings of light radiating from the center. Another craft that could not be explained.

Spring of 1979, was coming home from an event, was looking to the northwest before turning into the driveway, and saw a light streak, followed by two burst of light in a diamond shape with the edges concave instead of straight. Again, another sighting for me.

Did not see another one until 1996, when I stopped for the night as a truck driver at the intersection of the Extraterrestrial Highway (NV 375) and U.S. 93 near Hiko, NV. Heard the same hum I did with my first encounter, and saw light show similar to my first encounter over what is known as Area 51. Another tally mark on the sighting sheet for me.

In 1998, again as a truck driver, I stayed at the rest area on Highway 58 near Edwards Air Force Base in California. To this day, I can not explain how I was able to sleep for nearly 14 hours straight, nor have any real recollection of even getting up during the night, which would have been normal for me. The only thing I do have that may be interesting is when I woke up and went to the restroom, I had a general fear when I passed a certain spot on the way to the restroom. I still, to this day, do not know why, nor have I been back to the area since that event. I have wondered if the event could be clarified under hypnosis, but am somewhat afraid to find out what happened.

Since then, I have not seen any more UFOs, unless they were reenactment on TV.

Now, if you really want "interesting", ask me about my ghost encounters, especially my Sam Kinison one. This one is kind of scary and funny at the same time. Or my one on California Highway 152 near Pacheco Pass. This one that I have told others will scare the stuffing out of most people.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to hear the Sam Kinison story.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I have to say I would love to believe in UFOs being extraterrestrial in origin and while many stories are fascinating, I think we will find no explanation. I believe it is acts perpetrated by government. I have read many books, watched shows about UFOS..... but much can be explained away, and th there is little evidence to support the sightings.
Ghosts on the other hand I am more inclined to believe due to personal experience. I don't know if they are actually spirits per se.... but it is a phenomena that is likely to remain unexplained.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I've seen enough UFO's in my time.

The first encounter was in 1977. I was staying at an aunt's house north of Seattle. Heard a rather ominous hum, looked out the window to the west, and saw what looked like a flying doobie come over the house heading east. Looked out the east windows, and saw a brilliant light show of multiple craft. NO WAY was this explainable as any aircraft I knew at the time.

Saw my next UFO in 1978 out the south facing bedroom window at the house I lived at in Oregon. A bright center light with rings of light radiating from the center. Another craft that could not be explained.

Spring of 1979, was coming home from an event, was looking to the northwest before turning into the driveway, and saw a light streak, followed by two burst of light in a diamond shape with the edges concave instead of straight. Again, another sighting for me.

Did not see another one until 1996, when I stopped for the night as a truck driver at the intersection of the Extraterrestrial Highway (NV 375) and U.S. 93 near Hiko, NV. Heard the same hum I did with my first encounter, and saw light show similar to my first encounter over what is known as Area 51. Another tally mark on the sighting sheet for me.

In 1998, again as a truck driver, I stayed at the rest area on Highway 58 near Edwards Air Force Base in California. To this day, I can not explain how I was able to sleep for nearly 14 hours straight, nor have any real recollection of even getting up during the night, which would have been normal for me. The only thing I do have that may be interesting is when I woke up and went to the restroom, I had a general fear when I passed a certain spot on the way to the restroom. I still, to this day, do not know why, nor have I been back to the area since that event. I have wondered if the event could be clarified under hypnosis, but am somewhat afraid to find out what happened.

Since then, I have not seen any more UFOs, unless they were reenactment on TV.

Now, if you really want "interesting", ask me about my ghost encounters, especially my Sam Kinison one. This one is kind of scary and funny at the same time. Or my one on California Highway 152 near Pacheco Pass. This one that I have told others will scare the stuffing out of most people.
I've seen those too! mmmmhhuuhh in my best Karl imitation!

Yes go to TnC's link and post your ghost stories!
https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/418405-halloween-stories.html#post5492823

·
Super Moderator
13,825 Posts
This is second-hand, but the former co-worker who told it to me is someone I trust, especially the way he talked when he shared it.

He went on a hunting trip with his father and uncles in New Mexico, somewhere in the central wilderness somewhat south of Albuquerque. The campfire was going low, as it was late at night and time for sleep. My friend had walked a short distance from the group to water the plants before going to bed, when a large dark object with some lights along the edges approached silently from the distance, only a few hundred feet above the ground. He could roughly see a triangular shape because it blocked the stars as it moved. It made absolutely no sound as it moved slowly toward him, then overhead, then away. When he returned to the dying fire and his family, he asked if anyone else had seen anything. His father and uncles said, yeah, we've seen stuff like that before, but we're not that far from White Sands Missile Range, there's always strange things going on there.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
I wasn't going to post this because much of the memory has been lost in the haze of time, but what the heck ...

In the late '50s-early '60s there wasn't a whole lot to do in rural Illinois. We (ranging from four to six of us) were often found - well, not found actually, which was a good thing rap-sheet wise - driving down country roads looking for any kind of excitement*, usually at night. There's an area between Woodstock and McHenry called Bull Valley. Oddly enough, there's a road running through Bull Valley called ... wait for it ... Bull Valley Road. The place is littered with houses now but back then it was mostly uninhabited, with houses being seen only infrequently. Our evenings sometimes included forays through Bull Valley on the eponymous road.

Most of the time there nothing unusual happened during these excursions, but a few times we saw a light off in the distance, above the trees, pacing us. Everyone in the car would see it. This went on for several months. It would appear with the windows rolled down as well as up. Now, none of us were into the Devil Weed or any other pharmaceuticals, though we sometimes shared a supply of Colt 45 depending on whether we had to be at work the next day. (Mind you, this was at a time when drinking and driving was considered a normal male rite of passage and MADD wasn't even a gleam in anyone's eye.) Anyhow, this always seemed to start on Bull Valley Road, though it frequently followed us for several miles as we turned onto other roads.

Yeah, it's kind of anticlimactic, but did I mention the haze of time?

*Don't ask.

I want to believe.JPG

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I saw a B2 at night years before it was declassified. At first i thought it was birds flying in a V but when it got over head i was at a loss to place it. UFO doesn't men little green men. But if they're from another planet let them be blue women like capt. Kirk ran into.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
In 1996 I was on my deer lease - total darkness, frogs croaking, stars brighter than I had ever seen - perfect night for star gazing. Then from the west, something that was several hundred yards wide and looked to be just a few hundred feet high slowly passed overhead. No lights, no noise - just like a very low, dense cloud that moved slower than any aircraft of that size could stay airborne. After it passed over, total silence - nothing was stirring, and it stayed that way the rest of the night. Nobody else saw it, so I kept it to myself.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
I don't know if this belongs here or in the Halloween/ghost story thread...:scratchchin:...this may have been alien ghosts in a UFO, for all I know but it was definitely flying and so far, is unidentified. I had two encounters within days of each other, both with little variation other than the time and location.

One evening in the early '70s, just before dusk, I was sitting on my motorcycle at the back corner of a field behind my house while pondering my next move. I had just removed my helmet and when I looked up, I saw a bright white light in the distance. It was at the opposite back corner of the field, right where the lane that runs beside my house ends. This was about 1/4 mile from where I was sitting. There were three mobile homes along the last few hundred feet of that lane and the one at the end had a street light so even though it was too light out for street lights to be on, I assumed that was it. I looked away momentarily and when I looked up again, that white light was a bit brighter and a lot closer. It was coming straight toward me, parallel to the woods and at about the speed of someone jogging. It occasionally veered off and then immediately back on course to go around the few small saplings that salted the field.

When it got within about 100 feet of me, I could see it was about the size of a golf ball with a really bright, white light in the center. It was coming toward me, head high and though I could tell it would pass just to my left, I leaned a bit to the right to compensate for possible miscalculation. It passed about 2 feet from my ear and though I couldn't make out any definite form, I could hear a slight whoosh as it went by. I turned to watch it as it continued behind but it only went about fifty more feet, stopped momentarily...:blink:...then jetted off at a right angle and disappeared into the woods like a flash. I didn't quite know what to make of it. It was a warm, clear and dry summer day and the sun was well down behind the trees to my left.

Two days later, I'd been out riding all day with some friends and we had to stop back by my house to refuel and fix some of the bikes. Our house fronted on a state highway and the lane I mentioned earlier, came from the highway and ran beside our house as a driveway for the mobile homes. I'd been fueled and ready for a long time and was impatiently waiting for one or two of the guys that were pokin' around. I'd coasted out onto the lane, facing the highway and sat there with the engine off. I just happened to glance toward the highway and there was that little light again! It was just a few feet down the lane from the highway, about three feet above the ground and coming toward me at about the same speed as the other one. I had my helmet on and it was lower this time so I didn't hear any sound as it went by. I turned to watch it as it continued up the lane and it appeared to be contour-following, as it maintained the same height and stayed almost dead-center of the lane the entire time, until it went out of sight. It was really pretty cool, more intriguing than frightening...:dunno:...too small to really be scary and it didn't seem at all threatening. It definitely appeared to be guided though, which is kinda' creepy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts